Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#408118 - 01/13/11 09:53 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: baby blue]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
That is an interesting idea on the feeder scanner. I have heard you mention that before. At some point i will look into that - it would make my life easier.

Livestock, hehe, baby blue. I could easily end up a pet hoarder if i am not careful.

Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Twitter Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Facebook Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to MySpace Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Do You Hoard? Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Reddit
#408120 - 01/13/11 09:56 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: baby blue]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: NE Oklahoma
baby blue - how wonderful to see you.

I also find it hard to get rid of books, so I guess that is hoarding.

I have gone thru a spell here lately of riding my life of clutter. I have been working on the premise that "just because I have had it a long time does not make it valuable, just old" it helps.

Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Twitter Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Facebook Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to MySpace Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Do You Hoard? Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Reddit
#408134 - 01/14/11 12:34 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: BLR]
Lisa Shea Offline

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I conceptually like the idea of tons of pets, but realistically I like to have only 4 of a given pet. That way I can give a great deal of individual attention to each one. I do also have a 24 hour a day job plus a full time college coursework load though, so I'm sure other people might have more pet playing time than I do!

I am very much trying my best to reduce the clutter in my house, to donate as much as I can to charity.

#408164 - 01/14/11 01:51 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I think i have to admit i was hoarding pets around the time when I ran a popular fish forum. I had four dogs but multiple dozens of fishes.

Caring for that many fish tanks was extremely time consuming. I kept my fish clean and happy but i also wonder if i was a little insane with my fish obsession. smile

#408195 - 01/14/11 03:10 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Gold Star Soulmate

I may be biased but I think many people keep lots of fish and you count those by the tank-load. I.e. if I had a large saltwater tank with 30 fish in them - almost required in some cases because the fish need a school to feel content - then I would consider that one big pet. I wouldn't consider it 30 pets.

#408196 - 01/14/11 03:15 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Ah, but i had something like 30 or 50 tanks! smile

#408200 - 01/14/11 03:28 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Gold Star Soulmate

Hmmmm. OK, 50 tanks is far beyond what I was imagining. I would have to say that 50 tanks is a bit more than what the average pet owner has. smile

#408205 - 01/14/11 03:41 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

A lot of those were single-fish tanks. My bettas were single fishes and i had dozens of those. My killifish was also single. I had my south american cichlid tanks, my guppy tanks, my goldfish tanks and some mixed tropical tanks. My isolation tanks were single tanks that ebbed and flowed with quarantined fishies.

I miss my guppies - I was breeding a very interesting variety and i loved the constant babies. And I miss my goldfish tank, which had freshwater clams and apple snails in it. Those were awesome.

I know better than to have fish now. My life is not stable enough. And there is no room in the RV.

The two cats and one dog is probably as much as I should have, but i would like to have a large dog. And another kitten to replace William.

I have to be really careful not to add more pets to my little brand of crazy. Maybe if the Oklahoma thing happens I can have the large dog and some more cats. Plus chickens! And maybe two fish tanks... wink

#408246 - 01/14/11 06:53 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Gold Star Soulmate

I did adore fish tanks when we had them, but we only had four I think. A really big salt water one, a medium size fresh water one and then two smaller ones. They were very relaxing and serene.

With our hours and schedule we would not do well with a dog. Who knows when we will be awake or asleep or at home. We need I think to stick with cats and birds, who can use their rest rooms on their own.

#408259 - 01/14/11 11:19 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: NE Oklahoma
Jilly, what Oklahoma thing????

BTW you dont want chickens unless you have acreage.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
08/27/14 05:57 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
08/26/14 11:00 AM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
08/24/14 07:23 AM
19 Year Anniversary
by Lisa Shea
08/20/14 08:39 AM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by Lisa Shea
08/16/14 05:59 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
08/05/14 05:18 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors