Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#406693 - 12/13/10 05:27 PM sheds/storage
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
Do you have a storage shed on your property, or do you pay for storage somewhere? What do you keep in your shed, and is having that stuff in there worth it?

Add sheds/storage to Twitter Add sheds/storage to Facebook Add sheds/storage to MySpace Add sheds/storage to Del.icio.us Digg sheds/storage Add sheds/storage to Yahoo My Web Add sheds/storage to Google Bookmarks Add sheds/storage to Stumbleupon Add sheds/storage to Reddit
#410252 - 02/19/11 10:46 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I have a storage shed in another state that I have been paying for, for years. I don't think anything in there is worth all that. $1320 a year! I could probably just buy everything new for all that. heh

I am thinking i will have everything out of there by the end of March, for good. That will be a great day!

Add Re: sheds/storage to Twitter Add Re: sheds/storage to Facebook Add Re: sheds/storage to MySpace Add Re: sheds/storage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: sheds/storage Add Re: sheds/storage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: sheds/storage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: sheds/storage to Stumbleupon Add Re: sheds/storage to Reddit
#416689 - 08/15/11 05:18 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Finally! YAY! We emptied out our storage bin for good a few weeks ago. While everything is all over my front patio, at least it sits there for free.

It feels so good to not have to pay for that shed any more, ever.

Add Re: sheds/storage to Twitter Add Re: sheds/storage to Facebook Add Re: sheds/storage to MySpace Add Re: sheds/storage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: sheds/storage Add Re: sheds/storage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: sheds/storage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: sheds/storage to Stumbleupon Add Re: sheds/storage to Reddit
#420086 - 11/13/11 02:52 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Dear Jilly -

It is awesome news that you were able to save all that money. I think every month you should celebrate that you have that money "actively saved" by having the items at your house. Plus you can now sort and use and recycle them!

#420523 - 11/29/11 11:32 AM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]

Gold Star Soulmate

Speaking of sheds, we still have a pile of steel sitting in our back yard which are the remnants of our old shed which was destroyed in the 2010-2011 snowstorms. My boyfriend has been putting off getting rid of it because he felt the basement cleaning was more important - but then of course he never did the basement cleaning either.

I finally had to drag him downstairs last night to help with the basement and now we can put the kayaks away. That was his bit "hurdle". So once we do that today, then I can pressure him more strongly about that steel. I don't care if we just call a guy to take it away for free. I just want that steel to stop being a giant eyesore on the lawn. It's like an itch that won't go away. Which at this point I'm very familiar with smile

#420527 - 11/29/11 12:51 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

STOP! Do not just let someone take the steel shed away for free. Scrappers in MI are cruising the neighborhoods on garbage days looking for any metal to sell at scrap yards.

From what I understand is that a steel shed or steel sheets are worth a fortune. You could be sitting on $500 or more!!!

I would look into that before I gave it away for free!!

#420533 - 11/29/11 01:06 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
i dont even think that sheet metal scrap yard exist in the city anymore...in fact i cant think of one around us any more where there use to be a few

#420552 - 11/29/11 04:36 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Scrap steel goes for 12-18 cents a pound here.

#420596 - 12/01/11 03:42 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]

Gold Star Soulmate

Right here it is 9 cents a pound. I looked up the weight of this shed, and it appears we would get $9 at most for hauling it.

Bob needs to empty out his truck first, then put the steel into it, then drive it away. He STILL has not even done the empty-the-truck step even though I keep prodding. Now I'm turning into a nag. I don't want to be a nag. But it frustrates me, and I can't do it in my SUV because it's too small, the pieces won't fit. I should just call one of those guys who take it away for free. This is too much grief for $9.

#420598 - 12/01/11 04:22 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
wow no wonder scrap yards are closing there isnt much in it for them or you for a profit with the work involved ...good idea on having someone else who maybe willing to just haul it away themselves...are you sure that shed is steel...thats not much weight for a shed if it is steel and not say aluminum...

Edited by illusive Fantasy (12/01/11 04:24 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Today at 05:57 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
08/26/14 11:00 AM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
08/24/14 07:23 AM
19 Year Anniversary
by Lisa Shea
08/20/14 08:39 AM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by Lisa Shea
08/16/14 05:59 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
08/05/14 05:18 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors