Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#420658 - 12/04/11 02:37 PM Re: DELEGATING GIFTS [Re: illusive Fantasy]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Christmas has lost a lot of its magic, that's for sure, but I think that this is only to be expected.

It's magical during childhood ~ for those who have happy childhoods.
It's fun in ones teens ~ going to parties with friends.
It's romantic when shared with one's first love.
It's special when one has a baby at Christmas.
It's magical, again, when the children are young and excited.
I'm guessing the magic retutns when the grandchildren arrive.

But throughout the years, it's a good time to keep in touch with family and friends and to get together.

Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Twitter Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Facebook Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to MySpace Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Del.icio.us Digg Re: DELEGATING GIFTS Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Yahoo My Web Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Google Bookmarks Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Stumbleupon Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Reddit
#420660 - 12/04/11 06:45 PM Re: DELEGATING GIFTS [Re: illusive Fantasy]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
when one feels obligated to keep a "gift" then the true essesnce is lost of what a "gift" really is....which means no obligation or strings attached goes with the "gift" it represents or is suppose to "love" and the freedom to pass that "love" on to someone who might enjoy it...

again unconditional "love" in this case is what the true meaning of "gift giving" is suppose to be...if we now burden ourselves with societal constructs of what is "expected" when giving or receiving that taints the entire concept of "gift giving". The present, is a present of love not obligations.

You can make a choice ... to accept or give a gift of love or obligations. If someone has a problem as to what you do with their "gift" then the problem is theirs, or even what someone does with your "gift"...unless YOU make the problem of obligation your own. A "gift" is something acquired without payment or obligation.

Edited by illusive Fantasy (12/04/11 06:57 PM)

Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Twitter Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Facebook Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to MySpace Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Del.icio.us Digg Re: DELEGATING GIFTS Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Yahoo My Web Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Google Bookmarks Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Stumbleupon Add Re: DELEGATING GIFTS to Reddit
#420671 - 12/05/11 12:20 AM Re: DELEGATING GIFTS [Re: illusive Fantasy]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
I'm lucky there are no children around - this way I don't have to do any gifts. Everyone close to me knows not to buy me anything or expect anything. I try to ignore the whole season anyway - this year Dan and I are going camping in the Mts around Tuscon. I think we will have pizza, do some hiking, and make a campfire. smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Cleaning Humidifiers
by Lisa Shea
27 minutes 46 seconds ago
Growing Taller
by Lisa Shea
28 minutes 42 seconds ago
Getting my ex back
by Lisa Shea
29 minutes 56 seconds ago
Best Friends
by Lisa Shea
32 minutes 29 seconds ago
Forgiveness
by Lisa Shea
33 minutes 8 seconds ago
House Mess Overload
by Lisa Shea
34 minutes 30 seconds ago
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
53 minutes 11 seconds ago
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Today at 03:09 PM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
11/15/14 09:46 AM
Two Keys to a Relationship
by Lisa Shea
11/13/14 11:55 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors