Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#420522 11/29/11 04:30 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Our basement has been a gigantic pile of junk for a long time. We have two kayaks about to be covered with snow, which can't be good for them. So I finally dragged Bob downstairs last night to help me with some basement cleaning. Most of this is his junk, his tools and supplies and such.

We spent several hours down there and moved the Bowflex into a new place, moved my Dance Dance Revolution into a new place. We haven't used either in more than a year because of the junk in front of them. So now I can actually do my dancing again, which I miss!

He's off doing a chore but when he gets back we will put the kayaks in their corner, thank goodness, and one stage of cleaning will be done.

Lisa Shea, Owner
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
just open the doors and have a yard sale...instead of moving this from this spot and lets put it over there in that spot lol...it sounds like your rearranging a house room of furniture ...better you than me...

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Illusive -

We did do that several years ago, and it was very stressful. Also I think most of the junk now in the basement is now stuff that would sell. A lot of it needs to be recycled or thrown out. Much of it was waiting for our niece / nephew to come down and get and they never did. In fact, let me call my niece right now!

Hmmm. No answer. Well I left a message so at least that is progress!

Lisa Shea, Owner
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
giggle...always the way...its progress if they call back and say sure we will come...ohhhhhhh gotta luv the hurry and wait thing i guess or go nuts.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I finally convinced my neighbor to call 1 800 GOT JUNK and she was surprised how reasonable they are. They cleaned out her entire basement as she pointed at stuff to go to junk. When they were done she clean and rearranged the stuff she kept and now has a basement to use.

I would rather call www.collegehunks.com. Its a national company of guys who make money for school. College Hunks Hauling Junk!

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Tessboss - I believe it was the College Hunks guys who wrote Effortless Entrepreneur -

http://www.lisashea.com/workfromhome/bookreviews/effortlessentrepreneur.html

I highly warn against the book and against the company. They gleefully suggested illegal activities, and were very denigrating to women.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I remember your review for that book, and how they kept harassing your review. Yeah, I would not go with them.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Well, the kayaks got into the basement, and we did do a small bit of reorganizing, but it's still a mess down there. Part of the problem is I am so flat out with other work that I can't make time to do this.

Step by step I need to offload some of my tasks so I can get some order back into my world smile

Still, at least the kayaks are in. One step at a time. I have a pile of kiln-related stuff in my office. I will take that back into the basement right now, that will be a step in the right direction!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
congrats on getting the kayaks in!

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
The kiln stuff is in the basement, and the steel pile is gone, so little steps are helping. However the basement is still a fair mess. I have my dance-dance setup down there so I really want to get it clean. But most of it is Bob's stuff. So I need to start making time for that.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site