Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 6 97 98
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
ROTF oh jilly ...sometimes we both are so much alike giggle...and i want to do a head slap...if its meant to be it will be...all in universes times ...when your ready it will happen...dont stress over it ...

obviously what your doing must be more important and has your attention for that reason at that time because its something your suppose to be doing...even if its nothing...sometimes nothing is a profound thing ... smile

Good Friend
Good Friend
I try to meditate every night when I'm soaking in a bubble bath...sorry Jilly...no reading, no music, just me and the bubbles. But then I start to think, with nothing else to do with my brain, then pretty soon I'm either stressing out or upset about something. I suck at meditation. frown

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
you dont really suck at meditation...as soon as your mind starts to drift...thats when you need to redirect back to ...how that bubble bath feels ..and your pampering yourself...take a facecloth at that moment or just cup your hand and drizzle the water over yourself and watch the droplets ..be aware of how it feels an looks...swish the water...maybe add a bit more warm water...and listen to it fill the tub more...have some music on...close your eyes feel the steaminess things like that... laugh

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Kathy -

Illusive is exactly right. Meditation is the *practice* of learning to tune your mind. You can't suck at it. You are just at a different stage of practicing which is fine. Every human gets distracted thoughts, and the practice of meditation helps us to learn how to let those drift away again.

There will always be times that we get sucked into our thoughts, and that's normal! When we realize we have been, then we smile gently at ourselves, praise ourselves for realizing it, and refocus on our breath and the bubbles.

One step at a time!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Jilly -

I have a timer on my PC that goes off every hour. It's the only way I'm aware of time passing. Without the timer I'd never remember that I want to set aside time for meditation. Maybe your phone or PC can have a timer on it?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
OK it is 10pm on Tuesday. Time for a meditation.

Maybe tonight I will do a moving meditation - walking heel to toe around the house. I wish I had snow - last year I made a labyrinth spiral in the snow and adored it. I was really looking forward to doing it again this year, but no snow!! It's unfair, winter is supposed to be about beautiful snow.

But I need to remember that nature is varied and that is fine smile With this year's lack of snow I will appreciate next year's snow even more than usual. So I will make an indoor labyrinth.

Lisa Shea, Owner
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
dear Lisa...i remember last year all too well with the snow...forgive me for saying...glad you cant do that giggle...this is nice toooo...instead go out and do a visual as if there were snow...sigh... smile

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I've never ever thought of snow as having an upside. LOL. But the labyrinth idea is a cool thought.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I *adore* snow. You can ski! You can sled! It looks absolutely gorgeous. Snow snow snow. I think we're getting some tomorrow! Hurrah!!

I wouldn't live in New England if I didn't adore snow smile It's why I'm here!

OK, on to meditation. Hmmmm, what kind of meditation to explore tonight. Taste! I've done sight, sound, texture, touch, movement. Now taste. I will meditate with a glass of wine next to me, and explore all aspects of its taste.

Lisa Shea, Owner
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
there are many places that have snow...you dont have to live in new england to have it ...and thank goodness ...it wont be much snow at all...an poof it will be gone in a blink...yipeee smile

Edited
wow...was that snow...giggle barely a dusting even a ant couldnt ski or slide in that... laugh

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/11/12 05:10 PM.
Page 4 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 6 97 98

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site