Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#410257 - 02/20/11 04:09 AM Do you meditate?
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
I have been exploring meditation in a new way and am finding I really like it. What are your experiences with meditating like? Or do you dislike it?

Add Do you meditate? to Twitter Add Do you meditate? to Facebook Add Do you meditate? to MySpace Add Do you meditate? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you meditate? Add Do you meditate? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you meditate? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you meditate? to Stumbleupon Add Do you meditate? to Reddit
#421665 - 01/27/12 02:56 AM Re: Do you meditate? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I am finally ready to settle down into a regular meditation practice! I'll start up a 10pm EST meditation for us to enjoy together, in a fresh thread. That way night owls can appreciate it smile

Add Re: Do you meditate? to Twitter Add Re: Do you meditate? to Facebook Add Re: Do you meditate? to MySpace Add Re: Do you meditate? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you meditate? Add Re: Do you meditate? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you meditate? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you meditate? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you meditate? to Reddit
#424116 - 07/15/12 05:02 AM Re: Do you meditate? [Re: jilly]
innersky23 Offline

Yes I do!

I mostly prefer meditating in the morning...it's the most refreshing time of day.

However, I also prefer the afternoon, evening and night. With night being the second favorite time to do it!

Add Re: Do you meditate? to Twitter Add Re: Do you meditate? to Facebook Add Re: Do you meditate? to MySpace Add Re: Do you meditate? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you meditate? Add Re: Do you meditate? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you meditate? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you meditate? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you meditate? to Reddit
#424129 - 07/19/12 12:22 AM Re: Do you meditate? [Re: jilly]
Mongrel Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Midwest USA, The Beeble Belt
Jilly, Yes and No - when I was in college I tried to meditate as much as I could because it helped me with the stress of school but nowadays the only meditation we/I get to do is during a circle meeting and that is kind of like a joint meditation.

Standing there chanting, and holding hands, with the group we can each feel the power of our own and the collective actions of the group. Sometimes it seems as though a huge weight has descended down upon me but most of the time it is a feeling of being beside myself. It is as though I am looking at myself from someone else's eyes. Where I once received relief from stress now I receive answers, or even bits of information that I need to share with others, and the real weird part of the whole thing is that I alone cannot explain any of it but I assume that is the way it's supposed to be.

- I came back and reread this post thus I realize this sounds like a load of crap but that is exactly how it is. . .

Edited by Mongrel (07/19/12 01:27 AM)

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:35 PM
Cleaning Humidifiers
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:16 PM
Growing Taller
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:15 PM
Getting my ex back
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:14 PM
Best Friends
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
Forgiveness
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
House Mess Overload
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:09 PM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
11/15/14 09:46 AM
Two Keys to a Relationship
by Lisa Shea
11/13/14 11:55 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors