Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#420636 - 12/03/11 07:15 PM Favorite Form of Exercise?
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I've been testing out a Wii dancing game and enjoying it immensely. I danced an hour Thursday and an hour today. Bob plays along on the guitar which is neat too. It's a great way to get some healthy movement into my life, plus I get to update my game reviews.

What type of activity are you enjoying now that winter is coming?

Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to Twitter Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to Facebook Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to MySpace Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to Del.icio.us Digg Favorite Form of Exercise? Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to Yahoo My Web Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to Google Bookmarks Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to Stumbleupon Add Favorite Form of Exercise? to Reddit
#420679 - 12/04/11 09:18 PM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
I have been doing some dancing at some bars, now that I have a few friends to go to bars with. And I have my twist board for while watching tv, and yoga.

That's kind of it right now. too many storms passing through this time of year to get regular hikes in.

Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Twitter Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Facebook Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to MySpace Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Reddit
#421376 - 01/14/12 12:11 AM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I am really not getting much in the way of workouts these days. I am focusing more in nutrition, which is new.

Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Twitter Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Facebook Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to MySpace Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? to Reddit
#421970 - 02/03/12 08:09 PM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Nutrition is good, hopefully soon you can have both nutrition and healthy movement going along side by side.

I enjoy dance games, so as long as I can get Bob off the TV I have an opportunity to play for a little while.

Today it was stepping to songs though. That's fun too!

#422115 - 02/05/12 04:57 PM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

The weather has been very gentle recently, and i've been getting outside more. I look forward to starting to run daily again. My plan is to do that once dan leaves.

#422117 - 02/05/12 05:17 PM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Wyoming
Well, that just shows how young you guys are! Dancing for an hour??? We went dancing at the company xmas party....in Feb no less, and danced a little. Hubby now has 2 new knees, yay! But I'm sore. frown Can't boogie down at 54. Darn, getting old sucks.

#422118 - 02/05/12 05:22 PM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I don't like to think about age being so much a deterrent. I am 44 this year and I think Lisa is 42. I don't think in ten years I won't be hiking and running and dancing.

I am glad you did go do some boogie! I don't mind being a little sore - it means my body is stretching. smile

I do live in a state where I am regularly excited to see people in their 80s hiking out of the Grand Canyon. I want to be out there at one hundred. I know it won't be as effortless, but I can make smaller goals if I need to.

#424135 - 07/19/12 12:38 PM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]
Montague Offline

My favorite is cardio exercise.
Cardio exercises are the best for the weight loss and fitness.
These cardio exercises burn the fat more effectively and control the cholesterol level which lead to healthy heart.
The more effective cardio exercises are jogging, running, swimming,cycling, and jumping a rope.

#424146 - 07/21/12 08:45 AM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Montague]
Montague Offline

Originally Posted By: Montague
My favorite is Cardio exercises.
Cardio exercises are the best for the weight loss and fitness.
These cardio exercises burn the fat more effectively and control the cholesterol level which lead to healthy heart.
The more effective cardio exercises are jogging, running, swimming,cycling, and jumping a rope.

Any comment?

Edited by Lisa Shea (09/24/12 12:42 AM)

#424663 - 09/24/12 12:41 AM Re: Favorite Form of Exercise? [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Montague -

I think all forms of exercise provide a health benefit. My boyfriend just went from 300 pounds to 195 pounds from February to now. However, he didn't just do it with just cardio activities. He mixed cardio with strength training with flexibility. All three are absolutely necessary.

If you do cardio without nurturing your joints you could destroy your knees, which means no more running. If you do cardio without strength training you run into other support-system issues.

Also if you do the same thing over and over again your body builds resistance to that activity - it no longer puts out the same effort doing it.

So the most effective systems mix it up every day. Each day you do something new, focusing on a different part of the body. If all you did was cycle every day, then your legs would become quite efficient at that one motion. It would no longer truly strain your legs. The rest of you would not get a great workout.

You would want to cycle one day, box the next, do yoga the third, and so on. It's about using all of the muscles, in different ways, stretching all the body parts, in different ways, and twisting in all directions as well.

It's great that you like cardio! It sounds like it's a good time to start looking into strength training and flexibility activities to round out your body's experiences.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
08/18/14 06:02 PM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by Lisa Shea
08/16/14 05:59 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
08/05/14 05:18 PM
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 10:48 PM
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 05:42 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/28/14 02:47 PM
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
07/26/14 03:21 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors