This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#424137 - 07/19/12 04:48 PM Re: yoga [Re: Lisa Shea]
Montague Offline

I also do Yoga for the stress relieve.
I always feel mentally better after doing the yoga.
I feel my mental condition is improved and I am going on the way to get rid the stress and depression.

Edited by Lisa Shea (09/23/12 12:45 AM)

Add Re: yoga to Twitter Add Re: yoga to Facebook Add Re: yoga to MySpace Add Re: yoga to Del.icio.us Digg Re: yoga Add Re: yoga to Yahoo My Web Add Re: yoga to Google Bookmarks Add Re: yoga to Stumbleupon Add Re: yoga to Reddit
#424645 - 09/23/12 12:47 AM Re: yoga [Re: Lisa Shea]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I have also fallen out of the habit of doing my yoga, which is quite sad. I can feel the aches in my neck and back as a result.

So I will aim to get back into my just-waking-up yoga sessions, even if they are just short ones. My body needs it!

What types of yoga are you guys doing as we head into autumn?

Add Re: yoga to Twitter Add Re: yoga to Facebook Add Re: yoga to MySpace Add Re: yoga to Del.icio.us Digg Re: yoga Add Re: yoga to Yahoo My Web Add Re: yoga to Google Bookmarks Add Re: yoga to Stumbleupon Add Re: yoga to Reddit
#424652 - 09/23/12 07:31 PM Re: yoga [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I am installing a new graphics card and as soon as this is set I'm heading out onto my back porch to do some yoga! The sun is shining, the dragonflies are flitting, and it's a lovely day to get some yoga in.

Will you be doing yoga today?

#424654 - 09/23/12 08:45 PM Re: yoga [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

The yoga session was lovely! Autumn is definitely here, though - it was a little crisp. I'm enjoying some Chanakara Guanabana tea now to warm back up.

#424675 - 10/09/12 02:19 AM Re: yoga [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

It's funny how quickly time can flit by when life becomes busy. I would think that I "just" did yoga, but clearly it was a while ago. It has gotten really rainy here, and the upstairs spare bedroom got filled with random stuff.

I am doing my focused best to clear out "stuff" from rooms so I can use them again for things like yoga. I have made some progress with that spare bedroom but it still has random stuff in it. Time to focus more strongly on getting rid of stuff.

Still, right now I will do ten minutes of yoga, while I wait for the mailing process to finish so I can do my meditation.

#424676 - 10/09/12 02:38 AM Re: yoga [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

OK, that was lovely. Some child's pose, cat-cow, warrior pose, and other things. It didn't take much time and I definitely feel much better overall. It goes to show how even small blocks of time can be used well.

#424698 - 10/26/12 09:01 PM Re: yoga [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I'm slowly getting my life back into a more gentle schedule. I was able to do yoga in the morning three times this week. Even a half hour helps me feel much better, and the hamstrings are starting to stretch out.

I highly recommend finding little nooks and crannies to get yoga into your world!

Here is my current routine. I do "both sides" where appropriate (i.e. tree pose on right leg, then on left leg).

* twists (arm flapping on side)
* moon pose
* tree pose
* sun salutations
* warrior pose 2
* seated twist
* cat-cow (10x)
* rolling cat-cow
* bridge
* hurdler's stretch
* lying down twist
* savasana

I think that's it! Plus I work in some neck stretches.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:47 PM
Winter Solstice Issue of Mused Literary Review
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
I Love You
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 05:11 PM
Angels
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 05:37 PM
Vegas and Art
by Lisa Shea
12/11/14 12:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
12/10/14 04:54 PM
Mindfulness in School
by Lisa Shea
12/03/14 07:30 PM
Cleaning Humidifiers
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:16 PM
Growing Taller
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:15 PM
Getting my ex back
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:14 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors