This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#424787 - 12/27/12 07:09 AM Ideal Friend from a Movie
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Is there a movie that shows, to you, the ideal image of a friend?

Sam in Lord of the Rings comes to mind. He sticks by Frodo no matter what.

Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to Twitter Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to Facebook Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to MySpace Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to Del.icio.us Digg Ideal Friend from a Movie Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to Yahoo My Web Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to Google Bookmarks Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to Stumbleupon Add Ideal Friend from a Movie to Reddit
#424792 - 12/31/12 05:44 AM Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
Everyone should be so blessed, to have a Sam.

Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Twitter Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Facebook Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to MySpace Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Stumbleupon Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Reddit
#424800 - 01/02/13 09:13 AM Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Jilly - One wonders, though, about Sam and his life. He's in essence a "batman" from the UK military - the low class helper who shadowed his upper class officer and did everything for him immediately and loyally. In fact when I just went to look up Batman in wikipedia it says:

"J. R. R. Tolkien took the relationship of his characters Samwise Gamgee and Frodo Baggins from his observations while in military service during World War I of the relationship between a batman and his officer"

So I do wonder if it was an even relationship. Sam was there at the beck and call of Frodo. Frodo was always taking action. Sam could complain or resist but in the end he simply had to do what Frodo did.

Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Twitter Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Facebook Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to MySpace Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Stumbleupon Add Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie to Reddit
#424881 - 02/09/13 09:23 PM Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
Sam was the perfect batman though. He loved to serve "Mr." Frodo. He derived personal happiness from being the ideal servant.

It must have run in the family and been bred into him. Even the first thing Sam's father asked upon his return was whether Sam provided adequate service.

Merry and Pippin, or Legolas and Gimli, might be better examples of pure friendship.

#424890 - 02/13/13 05:14 AM Re: Ideal Friend from a Movie [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I like the Merry and Pippin idea, and agree that they were friends on a more even basis.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Angels
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 05:37 PM
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
12/15/14 11:09 PM
Vegas and Art
by Lisa Shea
12/11/14 12:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
12/10/14 04:54 PM
Mindfulness in School
by Lisa Shea
12/03/14 07:30 PM
Cleaning Humidifiers
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:16 PM
Growing Taller
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:15 PM
Getting my ex back
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:14 PM
Best Friends
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
Forgiveness
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors