Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Lisa Shea #425349 03/10/14 04:11 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Finally tackled Day 19 of the forgiveness book I'm reviewing. It was to write a letter to yourself forgiving yourself. I kept putting it off as it seemed challenging. So finally I put fresh, clean sheets on the bed, fresh batteries into my LED candles, poured a large glass of water, and snuggled in with my laptop. And just wrote.

It was a good process. I think the work the previous 18 days on forgiveness did help. I'd thought about a lot of issues and was able to be more gentle with myself than before. I have made mistakes. I learned from them. I can't change the past. I can only do the best I can with each future day - each fresh opportunity.

If I "waste" energy on feeling upset about things I can't change, that is energy I can't apply to making this current day as productive as it could be. I have SO many projects that need to be done. People rely on me. I owe it to them to be fully present in now and fully dedicated to making this current day work well. Yes I want to learn from the past - but to wallow in it serves no good for the current people who need me. I should focus all my energy today on doing today's tasks as well as I can, with all the energy and spirit that I have.

I'm slowly getting there. But the letter did help.

I do suggest trying the daily exercises and then writing yourself a letter. Every step helps a little bit.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #425369 03/27/14 06:34 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Forgiveness project - wrote a long private essay about my ex to help release those emotions. I was 18-and-a-month when I married. Too young. The past is in the past, and I need to release any tangle of emotions from that so I can more fully participate in my projects of the now.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #425612 11/25/14 11:11 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I still think about this project - it was very worthwhile. I highly recommend people give it a try.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #426592 01/25/20 02:51 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I just had an online conversation with a software developer, where his language was less than respectful. Rather than escalate, I stepped back and let him know I was done talking about the issue.

I'm learning more to take those steps back. I can't change other people when they use inappropriate language.

People in a customer service role who aren't capable of talking professionally with customers need to learn their skills. It's not up to me, the customer, to teach them that.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site