Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#87454 07/02/05 02:04 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Thursday, June 30, 2005 'Spain legalises gay marriages' [i]This morning the Spanish government finally passed the new law legalising same-sex marriages in Spain, just two days before the traditional annual "Gay pride" march is due to be held in Madrid. Parliament voted in favour of the new legislation by 187 votes in favour, 147 against and 4 abstentions. One PP MP, Celia Villalobos, broke the party discipline code by voting in favour of the law - something which is almost unthought of within the strict confines of Popular Party norms. And the coordinator of the Gay and Lesbian section of the Popular Party later told the Spanish press waiting outside Congress that he intended to ask Madrid's charismatic PP mayor, Alberto Ruiz Gallardon (considered to be one of the party's moderates) to conduct the marriage ceremony between him and his partner this Summer. It is not known whether or not Ruiz Gallardon will agree to the request. Spanish President José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said before the vote that "a small change in the wording (of the previous legislation) respresents a massive change to the lives of thousands of compatriots". Spain now joins Belgium, Holland and Canada as the fourth country to legalise gay marriages.[/i] http://www.euroresidentes.com/Blogs/Spain_News.htm

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
#87455 07/05/05 06:40 PM
C
cam Offline
Companion
Companion
C
george bush can bite my big toe!!!! Just thought Id get that out of the way. America seems to be gretting worse in the area of civil rights in the name of christianity.. Hey I even watched a program last night discussing that our goverment is trying very hard to get rid of Public telivision..Alot of our news is very tainted.

Im all for the christian way..Im just not so sure that all of these people who are trying to control others in the name of christ are actually on the real true path..It seems that more and more that the judgemental controling way is taking over this country.. Sad.. let people love!!let people marry!!!! stop trying to control everyone!!!! anyway thats how i feel about the matter.. Its pretty emotional for me.

#87456 07/05/05 07:14 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Quote:
Originally posted by cam:

... Im all for the christian way..Im just not so sure that all of these people who are trying to control others in the name of christ are actually on the real true path. ...
Hear, hear!

#87457 07/05/05 09:35 PM
S
Best Friend
Best Friend
S
Quote:
Originally posted by cam:
george bush can bite my big toe!!!! Just thought Id get that out of the way. America seems to be gretting worse in the area of civil rights in the name of christianity.. Hey I even watched a program last night discussing that our goverment is trying very hard to get rid of Public telivision..Alot of our news is very tainted.

Im all for the christian way..Im just not so sure that all of these people who are trying to control others in the name of christ are actually on the real true path..It seems that more and more that the judgemental controling way is taking over this country.. Sad.. let people love!!let people marry!!!! stop trying to control everyone!!!! anyway thats how i feel about the matter.. Its pretty emotional for me.
It is a scary place to live. Hubby and I are seriously trying to see if we can somehow move to Canada.

#87458 07/05/05 10:28 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
My son has just told me that Canada is one of the safest places to live. And beautiful, too!

#87459 07/05/05 10:35 PM
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
I'll agree on that one PDM. I lived there for four months in BC and did a LOT of touring.

Totally loved the place. The people are incredibly hospitable and friendly no matter where you go.

My mum taught there for a semester and we're looking at returning in the next few years.

#87460 07/07/05 01:21 PM
Tolerance and caring... that is what the world needs.. So long as people love one another and are consenting who cares what sex they are?

Why should only heterosexual people be allowed to share their love with the world?

#87461 07/07/05 11:59 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Quote:
Originally posted by Alice Maud:
Why should only heterosexual people be allowed to share their love with the world?
Good point.

#87462 07/08/05 01:04 AM
L
LPG Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
L
Yes, I totally agree there PDM.

#87463 07/08/05 10:48 AM
S
Best Friend
Best Friend
S
It seems like in light of recent terrorist acts we should be celebrating love instead of putting people down for it.

My denomination, The United Church of Christ recently voted to recognize homosexuals unions as equal to heterosexual ones. Creating a lot of buzz and talk in the media. I think it sends a positive message in a world where we dont get a lot of positive news these days.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site