RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#159503 03/11/07 09:15 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
You don't have to go "out" to go on a date! You can set the scene at home - nice big bowl of popcorn, a great movie you both want to see, the lights down low, maybe a fire in the fireplace. Snuggle up and enjoy!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Soulmate
Soulmate
My husband and I do that a lot. Dating at home, is sooo relaxing. AFter all, you can't wear your pj's in the movie theater, lol.

I hear a lot that having a TV in the bedroom is bad, but for us, it is wonderful, because we can snuggle on our bed, sitting there, pillows propped, and we watch a favourite movie or TV show.

And popcorn and drinks are sooo much more cheaper, lol. laugh

1EleanorRigby

Best Friend
Best Friend
haha lol. why would it be bad to have a tv in your room. i dont have one in my room, but jw

I ♥ my tiel Dip. Isn't he the cutest?
Bird Crazy103 #160266 03/13/07 10:35 PM
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Bird Crazy- Some people think it is bad, because they think you should not watch TV, play computer, video games etc for up to FOUR HOURS before going to bed. But I am on the computer right b4 bed, and I go to sleep fine. smile

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
Stephen #160381 03/14/07 12:47 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
They say it's not good to have a tv in the bedroom when you are married, it's supose to interfere with "other time", but I think it's great on a snowy day, put in a movie, some snacks, a warm
comfy comforter. Sounds like bliss, only problem I have found is
if you are married and have kids well they are always in and out
asking some kind of question. That's why I prefer our Date Night
which we go out by ourselves one night a week to dinner, movie,miniture golf, something... like just walk the malls and get a chance to relax, talk if we want or just enjoy the silence and each others company.

My Birds
*Sky 8/26/06
*Stor 9/06/06
*Fester tiel
*Dog Comet Golden Retriever
No Sand Keets \:\)
Soulmate
Soulmate
Ooo, I'd like to have a "date night" every week! But, there are months we don't ever go out just him and me.

Oh, and also, it's supposed to be bad Feng shui to have a big screen tv in the bedroom. As much as I like learning about Feng shui, I still begged my husband for a wide flat screen TV for our bedroom. And the kids don't really bother us that much, especially if it's in the evening.

When we go out to the movies just the two of us, we like to sit in those seats where you can put the arm up and sit like on a loveseat, but we think back to our cozy bed. LOL. smile

1EleanorRigby

Best Friend
Best Friend
I know it's difficult especially with kids, but we make an effort to go out together every Friday night for dinner at least, just the 2 of us. If we can't make a Friday night because plans changed well than there is always Sat afternoon or Sunday afternoon.

Why not try a date night( I also make an effort to fix myself up on date nights)

LOL Feng Shui, you've been playing to much Emperor on the computer
I would love a big tv in my room, but there is no room, so I have a small one.

My Birds
*Sky 8/26/06
*Stor 9/06/06
*Fester tiel
*Dog Comet Golden Retriever
No Sand Keets \:\)
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
My husband & I always went out on Saturday evenings, even when our children were quite little. My Mum loved to babysit. Perhaps we should revive this old habit.

Last edited by PDM; 04/15/07 02:26 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site