RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Please help! I have been seperated from my husband since Aug 2006 and just recently got divorced on Feb 14th 2007 from a 22 year marriage. I met a wonderful man online Jan 2007 and we hit it off so well. He has been divorced for about 5 years from a 25 year marriage where his ex cheated on him several times. He has dated and lived with 2 women since then. He currently lives alone now. I drive 40 miles each way to see him on the weekends and sometimes he comes to my part of the town to see me. We decided that we only wanted to date each other exclusivly and no one else. Then in June 2007 he tells me that he loves me. And is telling his friends and family that I am the one. Well I too love him and feel that I want to spend the rest of my life with him only. But I keep getting this negativaty from him because he keeps saying that he wants me to be sure when I say I love him. He says he doesnt want our relationship to be a Rebound thing. So what does that mean when he says Rebound. We are so so happy when we are together. But I just feel like I have to keep proving my love to him. It's almost as if he does not belive me when I tell him I love him. I do not know what to do to prove my love to him. Please give me some answers. Thanks
BLONDETTE

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Blondette & welcome.

I can see his point.

You have known each other for such a short time that no matter how sure you both feel that you love each other, it might be better to give yourselves enough time to really know that this is real forever love ~ and not just a response to finding each other after going through a rough time with your exes.

I don't think that your new man doesn't believe you. Love on the rebound does happen & it's best to be absolutely certain. He's just giving you time.

Good luck.
It's good that you have found each other. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks,
that's excellant advice. I will give him more time just as he is also doing for me. Hey all I have is time!!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Great!
Hope all goes well! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site