Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#232528 12/03/07 05:14 AM
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
Since there is not a marriage topic I thought that this was a good section. Move it off if it is not.

My husband and I have been married almost 4 years. I am a somewhat light to moderate sleeper. If I am awakened by something it takes me quite a while to get back to sleep.
My husband is the human whale. You know how whale comes up out of the water and dives back down? Well this is how he turns over at night. He also talks and screams (yes screams)in his sleep. He has very active dreams.
There are weeks where this will happen night after night and I get only about 3 hours of sleep a night. I get exhausted and my work and health suffers.
I have suggested that sleeping apart a couple of nights would help me tremendously. But he thinks that a married couple that doesnt sleep together has problems and that we should always be together. I just want some rest and for the dark circles under my eyes to go away.
How on earth can I convince this man that it is not hurting our marriage to sleep apart and that it is normal (if it is)?
Does anyone else struggle with this?

RIP Peeps
Best Friend
Best Friend
Would it help to get a different bed? My boyfriend's bed is one of those nova foam beds where if one person moves, the other doesn't feel it. We don't really have problems with movement, we differ in temperatures. He is always hot and I am always cold. That has been our biggest issue with sleep thus far. He sleeps with a small fan on him and we make sure it doesn't get near me or I will freeze.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
what about those temprepedic beds that supposedly you can jump on and not spill a glass of wine? haha.

it'd be worth a try, but I know they're a bit pricey.

Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Well we have been married 40 years and yes still like each other.
My husband snores like crazy and I'm a very light sleeper as well so I finally started sleeping in another room as it was hard to function at work with no sleep. Well I'm no longer working but still have trouble sleeping. We did get a king size temperpedic bed (really really comfy) his snoring is not as bad and I can actually sleep in the same bed now. Still sleep sometimes in the other room on nights that I have trouble sleeping usually watch tv all night in the other room when I can't sleep. But if you can aford it it's a great bed and if you have the room get a king!!!

My name is Connie
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
Well we do sleep apart at least once a week.
Its just convincing him that it is normal. I am working on getting a bigger bed. I am just so tired. I live with black circles most of the time.

RIP Peeps
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
Ear plugs maybe? And I agree with a different bed that doesn't shift the vibrations of moving.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Ear plugs might be a bit too uncomfortable for some pple, well at least for me...My bf snores real loud sometimes too when he comes over & I could only get a few hours of sleep like you too. Maybe you can sleep in a separate bed, could be in the same room but a little far away? Tell him that it's not like you always sleep apart all the time...it's just for your health in a long run...

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
K
Friend
Friend
K
make him sleep on the sofa!!!
lol!!!!
j/k~

I heard there are some earplugs that block out all sounds, and i heard that they're pretty comfortable too.
it's shaped like circle pom-poms that are really fluffy and firt right in your ear
:]

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
hehe. earplugs. There are some real comfy-looking earplugs I sometimes see security guards wear at concerts.

Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Ear plugs are a life saver!!!! I would have killed for ear plugs when I was younger and tried to fall asleep listening to my husband snore.

My name is Connie
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site