Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#331871 10/15/08 12:07 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Hi everyone,
I'm an undergraduate student at the University of Rochester, New York and am currently doing a project on intimate relationships as part of my thesis. It would be great if you could help me by completing my online survey, and inviting your partner to do the survey too if he or she is interested. Your participation is greatly appreciated. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Perceptions of Happiness in Relationships Study
-------------------------------------------------------------
Psychology researchers at the University of Rochester are looking for people at least 18 years old and in romantic relationships to complete a short survey.

CLICK BELOW IF INTERESTED

The Perceptions of Happiness in Relationships Survey
http://www.courses.rochester.edu/surveys/funk/GNATwebT0/index.htm

1. Is VOLUNTARY and ANONYMOUS
2. Takes 20-30 minutes to complete
3. Offers extensive feedback on your personality and relationship.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
What is an "intimate relationship?"

Just kidding.

I'm both happy and lucky.

My partner (and best friend, and wife) and I are both 65. The relationship gets better and better.

Last edited by Carl; 10/15/08 10:14 PM. Reason: add the age paragraph

Marge is the love of my life.
H
OP Offline
H
Hi Carl, that's really sweet! Happy for you smile

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
I just clicked on your link, Hapybride1. Here's some feedback for you:

On the highest education achieved, there was no choice for my professional degree - M.Div.

While taking the survey, it took you to an exercise where you were to press the spacebar if the word in the middle fit the category of the word given at the top. I'm on a desktop, so I should be able to see the entire screen without scrolling, BUT the middle word is down page where you cannot see the top word. And the words went by very fast. So the result was "Bad!" Of course it was. Then your site told me:

"See above, the category has changed. The rules, however, are the same. *If the word fits the category, press the spacebar.
*If the word does not fit the category, do not press the spacebar. Press the spacebar to continue."

So I pressed the spacebar, and the same screen comes up, and did so each time I pressed it. I guess it is more a test of whether a person gets irritated than to explore relationships.

Too bad. I was willing to be a volunteer on your surveys.

Now I've got to wonder if the site is designed to Mine for data that is private.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Now I'm really laughing at the site! I went backward and did it again, and figured out how to do it. The word that appears at the top is shown on the same screen that gives the instructions. So you only need to see the middle word, and do not have to scroll up to see the top word.

But if it were a test to see how quickly I learn, it doesn't seem to care. And if it is to see if I paid attention to the instructions, I guess I failed. And I thought I am fairly intelligent. Oh, well.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Now I'm angry. I'm good at words and I'm good at introspection, and I'm honest. So I went back and clicked on the link again.

I was determined that I would show that I COULD identify which words fit the word "good" and whatever word came next (I think "bad'). But when I got to the "test," it again would not go forward. I guess I had been identified.

So, if anyone else wants to try, know that you don't have to scroll up to see what the top word is. And also, be aware that either the site does not seem to be legitimate, or their purposes are sneaky.

L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
Carl, I became extremely bored during the test and quit. What does that say about me and relationships? LOL

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
I'd say that you are quite a perky person, and I think your hubby is lucky you chose him.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I have asked Lisa to check it out and see if she is happy about it being on the forum.

If you are worried about it, leave it until she has checked it out. I started it, but decided not to continue.

I don't know whether it is legitimate or not.

I think I'll lock this thread, until Lisa has had time to check it and get back to me.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site