Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Any one care to share how you met and how you got together?

Marge is the love of my life.
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
i met my gal in the crowd crush at the end of a rahid taha gig at the womad festival in reading four years ago. instant love at first sight and i haven't looked back since. been having a long distance thing since but last month she moved in with me.

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Good for you! Rather than look up what it is, what is a rahid taha gig and what is the womad?

Do you complement each other with your interests and talents, or do you share a lot of interests?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
We were at separate single-sex grammar schools, but half way through Sixth Form, the education system went comprehensive. We had to transfer to a mixed sixth form college. He was shown some photos of our old school group by some friends and seemed impressed with me. They decided that we were meant for each other and did a spot of matchmaking. That was in 1974.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
L
Regular
Regular
L
I was wearing five-inch heels and my feet were killing me. I worked in a local law firm and was waiting for my sister in law to finish work at a retail store so that I could grab a ride home with her. This long tall drink of water who also worked at the store offered to drive me home on his break. I accepted and the rest is history. In fact, we will celebrate twenty-six years of history in ten days.

Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
I so enjoy stories of romance. To be sure, I'll be sharing how Marge and I got together; but I wanted to read some of yours first.

Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
rahid taha is an algerian rock outfit, and womad stands for world of music and dance, a world music festival. legacy of peter gabriel and his realworld lable.

Best Friend
Best Friend
She stalked me, I gave in.

Well that's kind of true. She followed me from a bar where I had cause to interact with her on a professional basis, my shift there changed to a neighbouring bar, and lo she appeared there too, and ensured that i again had to interact with her, we had a weekend of frenzied passion, then she went back to her hometown. I stayed in touch over a 5 week period, when she announced that she was coming back and best i find her somewhere to live. That was 10 years ago, 8th wedding anniversary is in december, and our lad starts school next week (5y/o)

"When will my wife understand that the "silent treatment" isnt actually a punishment?"
M
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
M
I met my husband when he was 7 & I was 9. His father had just died & he came to live with his mom & stepdad. I started "dating" his brother actually when we were 11 years old (if you can call it dating at that age) & then the family moved away. When they came back, husband was 16 & I was 17. I asked him out & we've been together ever since. Got married after a few years of being together & have 3 beautiful children. We'll celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary in November.

MHA bell tolls to end misunderstanding & discrimination & rings for victory over mental illness.
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Congrats to Mark and also to MrsJF. Works both ways, doesn't it? That is, someone you've known a long time, and someone you just meet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site