Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#163656 03/26/07 05:19 PM
C
OP Offline
C
ok. my older brothers best friend and i have known eachother for over a decade. About three years ago was the last time i had seen him until recently. Three years ago when he was here he confessed his feelings for me to my older brother. My brother is very protective of me, and didnt want his friend near me. I had fallen hard for my brothers friend during that visit, and when he left to go home, i was heartsick, especially because i thought i was alone in how i felt about him, i hadnt any idea at the time that he had said that to my brother. i found out about a week after he left. i felt upset because my brother wasnt the one to tell me, but relieved that he liked me as well. Then this past weekend both he and my brother came up. when he climbed out of the car i actually started crying. i realized that it didnt matter how long it had been since i had seen him, i still loved him. Every single visit that he and my brother come down, they stay at the house. But this time they stayed at a hotel. When i asked my brother why they didnt stay here, he wouldnt give me a straight answer. I think it had something to do with his friend being asleep in my house with me there though i could be wrong. But the entire visit, i was only able to be alone with his friend once and for about 5 mins. My brother wouldnt let either one of us out of his site. I need this guy like i need air, especially now that the feelings are reinforced by being by him. But i dont think he knows it. i dont know what to do but it hurts every second that im not with him, or even able to hear his voice. i dont want to mess things up between my brother and him. DOes that mean that i go without the one i love, for him??
i suppose it does.

Ainsi obscurité, l'escroc de l'homme
Best Friend
Best Friend
i dont know about this stuff.. but maybe your brother will see that you two are ok being together alone eventually and then things can go from there?... i mean he is your brothers friend.. shouldnt he trust him to be with you?

I ♥ my tiel Dip. Isn't he the cutest?
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Was it you who was having the dreams?

Is it the same person?

Is your brother being protective because you are too young for a serious relationship?

Is your brother worried because he knows his friend (& you) well enough to know that he wouldn't be good for you?

Why don't you ask your brother about it?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
C
OP Offline
C
Actually yes i was having the dreams but no its not the same person. Ive known this guy a lot longer. he should trust him to be with me, i think he just doesnt trust me. He could be, i think he might think im too young, but my mother says that it has nothing to do with his friend, that he is gonna keep me away from every guy he can. I dont ask my brother because whenever i bring it up, he changes the subject. This guy will be around for a while so when im a little older i can talk to him and not have to worry about my brother. Maybe your right maybe as time passes and he sees that we are able to be trusted enough to be alone, he will loosen up a little. But i could wait forever for this guy, so i suppose its not really an issue, except that its hard to be without him.

A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
It may not be that he doesn't trust you with him, it's possible that he just feels very protective towards you and isn't ready for his 'little sister' to grow up yet. Maybe he still thinks of you as a child. Either that or he's a bit of a control freak.

If you have this boys address why not write to him and tell him how you feel? Don't go overboard with it, but just explain that you'd really like to see him and that you were unaware of his feelings for you when he moved a few years ago.

You don't mention your age here so it's a little difficult to say exactly what you should do. Perhaps your parents could help out here by asking your brother to ease off.

You could always ask the boy out to a movie or just a coffee somewhere public so that it's in a public area. What about dinner with your parents?

Best Friend
Best Friend
Dinner with your parents... i dont think that would be the best idea laugh

C
OP Offline
C
Well i am seventeen, and this guy is a navy recruiter. He lives about 6 hours away, so i doubt he can come up anytime soon. But i am moving out in a couple of months and then i can get him to come see me or i can go see him. i think that he does still think his "little sister" isnt ready for this guy or any guy for that matter. My brother is the type of brother that you can only talk about the weather with. But when i am a little older he cant decide for me anymore, so its all good. And actually i dont have his address, but i do have his email. i thought about telling him in a email, but its so much clearer and easier in person. Dinner with parents? Thanks, but we have done that a million times, my parents already like him. he might be coming up again between now and June, in which case i wont let him leave without him knowing and us talking about it. Even if we have to talk about it in front of my brother! You know so many times i have had relationships slip away because i was too shy, its hard for me to say the right thing to guys in the first place let alone one who i want to be so careful about.

Best Friend
Best Friend
well..your seventeen .. i think you are old enough to decide for yourself and your brother should not interfere anymore. but thats just my opinion. =]

C
OP Offline
C
i agree. too bad i cannot convince my brother of that. But you know what as soon as i see the guy again(his name is brian) i will talk to him. I vote i just take the cowards way and kidnap him, and tell my brother i have no idea where he is. lol. though i dont think i would be smooth enough to get away with it. lol. i think though that i have the xxxxx(excuse) to do it the right way.

Last edited by PDM; 03/30/07 08:55 AM. Reason: language

Best Friend
Best Friend
I went through something similar but it was my parents not my sibling that had an issue. They were (still are) convinced that my boyfriend of 6yrs isn't good enough for me. They say he's undermotivated and holding me back and blah blah blah. I fought to stay with him and eventually told them that he makes me happy and they should be happy for that. Try talking to your brother as well, if he is friends with this guy he should trust him enough not to hurt his little sister. I'm sure he's just looking out for you but he also has to learn that you need to make choices for yourself. Even if you make a mistake (not saying this is), you will learn and gain in life from it. Try telling him that too.
Is there a drastic age difference? My parents also had trouble with that, even though my boyfriend and i are only 3yrs appart.
sorry if this is confusing i'm not good at typing out my thoughts lol.

live free
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site