Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#182982 05/19/07 05:59 AM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Hi, I'm sure many of you know me. I am the finch trainer. I will see my soon to be girlfriend saturday. I know how to be cool around girls, I just want to know if I should be nervous or not. I met her through friends of mine. I technically met her from my friends suggesting that I go out with her. I have talked to her before.(online) I never met her in person so I don't know her very well. What will I do tommorow? My friends girlfriend and my other friends girlfriend and MY date will be coming here on saturday. They live a little far away and we don't drive. There parents ride them here to see us.

I need advice as to how I am to approach this.

If it helps, I am 16. I have a job, and I am a minor uncertified computer technician. I dress nice and I am nice to people, and I'm funny. I make everyone laugh with a good joke. I am popular among the group of girls..

What I'm trying to say...Are my chances good?

EDIT: SORRY; PHOTO REMOVED ~ THE RULES STATE THAT THE SITE DOES NOT ALLOW PHOTOS OF UNDER-18s. THANK YOU. PDM

^^this is me^^

I hope this works out for me

Last edited by PDM; 05/19/07 09:47 AM.
Joephazonx #182986 05/19/07 07:16 AM
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
If you act naturally, and treat people well, be the gentleman things should be ok. Remember first impressions count, so dress neatly.

Remember, if the adults are around they'll be expecting respect and manners, I'm a bit of a stickler for manners myself.

There's no reason to be nervous, as you already know her online so there's always that to fall back on for discussions. Have you thought about where you're all going to go? Movies? Coffee shop? Skating?

Find out what everyone's interested in and make that the starting topic for discussion. Music, movies, food, hobbies etc.

Good luck with it all.

Joephazonx #182991 05/19/07 07:43 AM
P
Regular
Regular
P
Don't fret, I met my fiance the same way ! So this post put a BIG smile on my face, brought back the memories! Just be yourself. Don't try, if you try too hard people can see it and it's usually a turn off. It's pretty easy to cross the line of trying, and trying too hard. Be sure to tell her how pretty she looks. Open doors, pull out chairs. Hm well you're 16.. some girls that age don't like that. Well... if you're looking for a good decent respectable girl, she'll like it so do it anyway. If she doesn't like it, she probably isn't that kind of girl. If she doesn't like it because of feminist reasons, she'll have enough respect to explain that to you so you can stop for her. Have manners, don't swear.. if you swear and she swears and you've already sworn around each other don't fake it (although you shouldn't be swearing!) just do NOT do it around the parents. Shake the parents, hands, look em in the eye, introduce yourself. Thank them for bringing her over.

If all else fails... brush her arm then apologize for doing what was obviously a clear invasion of her personal space, but you JUST couldn't help yourself, you JUST HAD to see if she was real...
No I'm joking don't do that..

Be Yourself, be respectful, don't be nervous. That's all it takes to make a date go great smile

God Bless,
Tasha
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
thanks, there parents are not involved right now, were just meeting to get to know eachother. I'll get a picture of her....

Joephazonx #182996 05/19/07 08:18 AM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
FOR SAFETY REASONS, THE FORUM DOES NOT ALLOW PHOTOS OF UNDER-18s.

THANKS ~ PDM

Last edited by PDM; 05/21/07 05:37 PM.
Joephazonx #183846 05/21/07 05:16 PM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
hey PDM, sorry I didn't know, explain why

Joephazonx #183851 05/21/07 05:43 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
It is in the rules that no under 18s give personal details, and this includes photographs. It should be understood that photos of other under-18s should not be posted either. This is to protect young members and is the result of experience.

All members should have read all rules & guidelines before posting.

(Anyone posting in the 'Parakeets' forums should also have read all of Lisa's parakeet info pages.)

Thank you.

Forum FAQ - Required Reading

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=25633&page=1#Post25633

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #184243 05/22/07 07:21 AM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
oops sorry, I didn't know it was a crime.

I won't do it again

Joephazonx #184245 05/22/07 08:00 AM
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
It's not a crime but it's for personal safety reasons for the poster amongst other things.

In this day and age unfortunately there are those out there that aren't particularly 'nice'.

Cyberstalking, etc. are well known and recently I know of one case where a 13 year old girl who posted her photo and became involved in private chat, met with the man, end result he's now up for aggravated sexual assault on four counts. That's just one example.

It's never a good idea to give out personal details, not even to those who private message you.

Aerial #184252 05/22/07 08:48 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I second that Aerial!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site