RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kstar Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello! Well, my guy's birthday is on September 2ed and I don't think he believes me that I overdo birthdays way too much! So i'm going to set him straight. (;

Firstly, our 4th month annv is on the 7th of Aug. and I bought him a star in his name. Do you think that's a corny present? I'm slightly obsessed with stars myself, I think they're beautiful and awhile back we were looking at them together and I decided to name one after him. I think with it i'll give him a handmade card that says, "I just wanted to make it official. :]". I'm also getting the certificate framed today, and although he may never find it, I'm wanting to (behind the certificate) place a piece of paper that says:

"You are the brightest star in the midnight sky
and the only one beautiful enough to catch my eye.
I love you with all my heart"

God, even I think that's a little corny, however.. (and im a huge corny romantic) Any ideas on what I can change the message to say?

Butttt! For the real reason I posted here.. To get birthday ideas! He's coming up on his 18th birthday and what I want to do is get him 18 presents. Yeah. The way I want to present his gift to him is to call his dad and scedual it so that the night before he leaves his keys outside the house. I'll get my mom to drive me there at 11ish at night (heh, i can't drive yet) and I'll open up the trunk and place in 18 balloons, 18 streamers, confetti, etc inside along with all 18 of his gifts. In the morning I'll give him a call and ask him if he could check his trunk for me because I think i left my jacket in there. And when he opens it? Pheee, out pops enough suprises to give him a heart attack! (which is the ultimate goal apparently)

Anywhoo, for the 18 presents I want to chose some of the following;

1. An 18 dollar gift certificate to Chipolte (his favorite resturant)
2. 18 songs on a CD
3. 18 pictures of me, us, him, etc
4. 18 pieces of his favorite candy (tootsie rolls)
5. 18 words that remind me of him
6. 1,800 gold for a game that he plays (World of Warcraft)
7. 18 roses (according to a few guy friends, this is a sucky idea)
8. 18 Balloons!
9. A card. Although I don't really want to count this as a gift.
10. 18 packets of equal sugar. This man is OBSESSED with them.
11. An unsweetened ice tea! His favorite drink =]
12. Make him a pillow. I told him one day I'd find him the softest pillow in the world, why not make a pillowcase too? On the front I want to sow his nickname, and on the back i want to sow 'sweet dreams' in the middle and on the sides sweet dreams in all different languages.
13. Um.. A plant of some sort..? Yeah.. I'm running out of ideas..
14. A lottery ticket! He promised me if he ever won the lottery he'd take me to Ireland
15. A 'love' coupon book with 18 coupons. I need ideas for this! I'm thinking things like, a get out of jail (aka fight) free card, a massage, etc.
16. A cute keychain, because he has so many of them. I already bought it; it's a paw print and i'm going to stick a picture of my dog in there because he loves my dog.
17/18. The books The Gates of Fire/Born standing up. Also, in both books I'm going to box in letters to spell a message, heh, so if he gets curious and writes it down it spells something like, "I love you, you changed my life, etcetc"
19. A subscription to a car or gaming magazine. Can't get enough of these.
20. A custom coffee mug! awweez. Is this too corny?
21. 18 packs of gum because this lozer always steals mine
22. A stone statue of an angel. a long time ago we had a heart-to-heart and he told me he loves them.
23. Grow your own sports car! yeahhh, go guys, woo! Hah, he always freaks out whenever 'sexy' cars drive by us
24. A stuffed animal. I bought it. Dude. It's so cute, you have no idea. It's a leemur with huge adorable eyes that cover 75% of its face, a long bushy tail and small furry body and when you squeeze it it squeaks! every guy's dream!
25. A bottle of tums because he always gets stomache aches and we make fun of him because he's always like, "aghh i need some tums"
26. He loves sugar cookies, oatmeal rasian cookies, bannana walnut cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. Perhaps bake him 18?

Well... Which gifts are the best? I'm thinking of putting the soft animal and the tootsie rolls and some other stuff (need ideas on what other stuff) together in a box to create a "Late night survival pack" of some sort. Or maybe I can leave a note by the leemur that's like, "I'm worried about all the trips you go on so I bought you a body guard" Anyone have any more ideas for gifts?

I don't know. I'm so weird. Help please!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi kstar ~ welcome to the forum.
They all sound like lovely ideas to me!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Best Friend
Best Friend
I think you should save the big ticket items for Christmas and keep on the roll with 18 things...candy..keychains...gum.. maybe a t-shirt that has 18 lips painted on it..18 1$ bills rolled up inside an inexpencive wallet or coin case with a chain on it....18 origami stars with sweet notations inside that he can unfold...I liked the 18 songs on a cd... and the 18$ gift card...
You have a great imagination! I would realy try for more guy type gifts... LOL
I did a quick search for you laugh
http://www.gifts.com/personality/search/2mohMr14aicp
Hope this helps
Oh and welcome to the forum smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site