Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
L
I'm 19 and a sophmore in college. Every guy I meet is a dead end. I feel jealous of girls that have boyfriends. What can I do? Advice?

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Why do you feel every guy you meet is a dead end. To have a boyfriend does not mean that the relationship has to have a destination. It sounds like you may want to start with having a boy for a friend.

L
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
L
By dead end I mean that they never call. I meet them then usually never see them again. One guy I hung out with never called, he was dull and it did not work out.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Luvanimalsdearly - I agree 100% with BLR here. I talk with thousands of young women via the RomanceClass site about dating issues. In almost every situation, the most solid relationships start not from a "bar dating" situation which involves waiting for calls - but instead starts from a friendship which grows into something more powerful.

So let's start with your male friends. Who are the male friends in your life, and what do you enjoy about each one?

Lisa Shea, Owner
L
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
L
My male friends are some old high school friends and coworkers. I do enjoy joking with them, sharing parts of my life and other small things. I do not have any real close guy friends. My close friends are female. Though I am making some guy friends in math this semester.
I know the whole bar dating scene does not work. I ususally meet the guys in class or on campus. I will start trying to be friends with them if I see that our friendship is going somewhere. I am very picky with guys though. I met a sweet guy and I liked him because of his sweetness not looks. I found out he smokes weed. I promised my self I would not date anyone that did any type of drugs. I have a feeling that something could have come out of it, but I did not proceed because of the drugs.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Luvanimalsdearly ~

I met my husband when I was 18. He was my first boyfriend. I was picky too. In our case it has lasted happily for 35 years. Others I know dated earlier, but not necessarily so successfully. It may take a while to find someone you are happy with ~ but then he will hopefully be worth the wait. smile

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I think asking for "not a drug user" is not being too picky. If that's something you feel strongly about, you have every right to live a drug free life. It would be the same thing if he smoked cigarettes and you were against smoking.

That being said, many college students try out weed and then give it up, it's a passing thing. So you might want to keep him as a friend and see if he does that.

Lisa Shea, Owner
M
M
I think that if you just keep looking you will find one. But i think that they are right about finding a guy who can be your friend first.

You need someone you can talk to and be friends with not a guy who is hot.

Keep looking and you will find one.

Toodles and Good Luck :))

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I agree completely with Mattie smile It's easy to be lured by a hot guy. However, that hotness doesn't last for long. Guys age. Guys hit their peak at age 18 after all smile

What lasts a lifetime is the way they are inside - how they talk to you, their sense of humor, their interests, their personality.

Lisa Shea, Owner

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site