Print Thread
#424847 01/04/13 02:21 AM
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I am back on the internet market for dating, after a long hiatus of being married. I went right to PlentyOfFish.com, since it is free. I used to use Match.com, and met my husband on it, but i am not at a point where i feel like using a pay-for site at this point. I have heard Ok, Cupid is free. I don't really recommend the yahoo personals for people wanting relationships - it seems more for hookups.

It seems easier for a woman to find a man to date on these sites. Or at least that has been my experience.

So far there seem to be a lot of good men around, even if they live an hour or so away. Since I am not hugely attached to where I am living at the moment, I don't mind this.

I prefer internet dating over meeting people in the person. It seems to pre-select people who are 1. actually looking to date and 2. people who think I am at least attractive enough to meet in person.

jilly #424848 01/19/13 01:17 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
That is wonderful that it is working well for you, Jilly! Sometimes distance can be a good thing, too, so someone does not attach too quickly smile.

Lisa Shea, Owner

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site