Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
wab2009 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Okay, here's the background story:
I'm from Indiana but last summer I lived and worked in Chicago (for three months).

There was a guy there who I thought was really attractive but completely brushed off thinking it would never happen.

Well, in the last couple of weeks before I had to leave to go back to school, we ended up working together a little more than we had for the past three months.

Well, around that same time, he told one of the guys he thought I was cute and I mentioned I thought he was cute too.

So there was some flirting (mostly on his part...I kind of froze up because I knew I was leaving) but we didn't get to really know each other that well. However, before I left I got his myspace URL (kind of lame, I know but I did it).

The only time we actually contacted each other was a couple of weeks after I had left and he sent me a message asking how I was doing. I responded but he never said anything back.

Well, it's been a year and it turns out I'm moving back to Chicago. I won't be working in the same place though because that was in the suburbs and I don't want to go back unless desperate for a job. And of course, chances of me seeing him around the city are slim to none but what little interaction I had with him made impression on me and I wish I would've been able to see if anything could've happened.

My Question is: Would it be weird if, once I get there, I sent him a message just saying hi and mentioning I live there and if he wants to hang out he should get a hold of me? I mean, I think it would be normal if we had talked a lot and then lost touch but we didn't talk that much so I don't know if it would just come across as a little random and odd. Plus, I don't want him to think it's just a hook-up thing...that's not what this is...I would really just want to see him again and get to know him.

Thanks for your help! :-D

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Wab2009 & welcome. smile

It might be a good idea to check out whether he still goes on My Space. If he does, then you could try contacting him again there.

In a year, he may have found himself a girlfriend ~ or he might be wishing that you were still in Chicago.

You don't want to put him under pressure, or feel rebuffed, but you do want to give your friendship / relationship a chance, so why not just say something casual like:

'Hi! Long time, no see. But that may be changing because ~ guess what ~ I'm moving back to Chicago.
Perhaps we could meet up? What do you think?'

Would you feel comfortable with that?

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site