I have a bit of a pickle here.

I will try and keep this as short as possible.

I started dating a girl at the end of Feb of this year. She is an old work colleague. She left about a year ago but we kept in touch every now and then and in the new year arranged to meet up.

After a few dates we were getting close, going out, hanging out at each others houses. Anyways we both told each other that we like each other.

She was scared to get with me. She split with her ex in November who she had been with just under a year and he cheated on her twice. In fact every guy she has ever been with has treated her badly and cheated on her. Naturally she is going to have a fear of relationships.

Anyways she told me that she likes me a lot but doesn't think she could be a good girlfriend to me right now and she didn't want to mess me around. I said ok i understand but i still want to be your friend and she was cool with that.

For the next few days i didn't contact her and then she started texting and calling me. She asked me to meet up that weekend. I said as long as it as just friends and no confusion then yeah I am cool with that. She agreed.

We go out for dinner then go back to my house to watch a film. I was keeping it cool and friendly. Next thing i know we are talking, she is rubbing my arms and hugging up to me. We ended up kissing and we got together.

The next two weeks were great. We have always got on so naturally, make each laugh without having to try and always had fun. Anyways she kept bringing up her fears and insecurities every time we saw each other. She always said to me that when she is with me she knows she wants this but when she is by herself she keeps thinking and over analyzing and it that freaks her out. I done everything i could to understand and reassure her and told her that i have the same fears as i have been messed around in the past but I really like her and want to take that chance with her. She said the same back to me.

Well this Friday just gone she dropped the bombshell on me. She had fallen for me but it scared her so much she didn't feel she could go on with me. She wouldn't talk to me over the phone at this point as it was hurting her so much. I told her that i had fallen for her to and my feelings are strong for her. She said her feelings for me are very intense and that she doesn't know how to deal with that. She is scared i am going to be like every other guy she has ever been with and she is scared that she will hurt me due to her insecurities. Personally i think that is just a smoke screen. She is more afraid of me hurting her.

I told her i want her to be with me as it's been over 6 years since i had strong feelings for a girl and that i think she is the girl for me. Anyway i decided to back off and give her space even though that was hard.

The very next day she text me and called me very late at night. She had told me that she hadn't left her Flat all day because she couldn't stop thinking about me and it has been hurting her so much. I told her again how i feel about her and that i would do everything i can to make her feel better. I said i would still be here for her if she needed me as she has become very important to me in a very short space of time. After a looooong convo she said she felt a lot better after talking to me but i have given her a lot to think about. I said she can call me anytime she wants and i said to her to go out tomorrow with her friends and have some fun and take her mind of it. She said couldn't do that as this was bothering her so much.

So i decided to back off. I went out all that day with my friends and had a good time. Although all i could think about was her. I got home about 1am and she text me saying that she couldn't stop thinking about me and i hope you're ok. I sent the same to her.

Since then there has been no contact. Basically we have both fallen for each other but she is terrified i will hurt her. She said she doesn't want me being like her ex's. I am not like that at all I've never cheated and i never would. I've had it done to me and it's the worse feeling ever. I really feel for her and it's actually hurting me that indirectly i have caused some of that pain because her feelings for me hurt her.

Apart from this everything was great between us no other issues, we just go together so well.

I think she is the girl for me and she thinks i am the guy for her. We are both 27. She is so scared of her feelings that it is stopping her being with me.

I'm not what to do. At the moment i am backing off because that is all i can do. I've been with my fair share of women and I've never cared about any of them the way i care about this one. I really want to fight for this but the sad reality is that there isn't much i can do. She will either take that chance on me or she will run.

We both want to be together she is just scared to be.

Any suggestions?