RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408585 01/18/11 08:41 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
We've been doing a ton of Vision Boarding with my BellaOnline editors and even had a delightful vision board chat where we all made our vision boards "live" with each other while chatting together. I thought I'd explain the idea here in case anyone wanted to learn more about it!

A vision board is typically a piece of paper or cardboard that you decorate with visuals which help you aim towards your goal. So if someone's goal is to make money to pay their rent, they might fill their vision board with dollar signs and other things which signify money to them. If someone else's vision board is to go to Japan, they would fill it with images that remind them of Japan.

The idea is that having this board on your desk or in your office helps you stay focused on your goal, make decisions to reach your goal, and keep you on track. Many of the BellaOnline editors have reached their goals thanks in part to their vision board!

Here is an example vision board, this is the one I made for myself during that live vision board chat. it's about my goals for serenity and peace. You can see the parakeet on there! Also a quiet fountain, a nook to read books in, and so on.

If anyone would like to make a vision board we can help you out!

I was thinking it would be really cool for us to make a vision board for this forum - what would our goals be? What would we want to achieve? I imagine there would be a bunch of parakeet images on it, as well as people discussing politics, religion, gender, and other issues - how do you put that on a board though?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #408593 01/18/11 09:00 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Although I have come across this sort of thing, before, I have never actually encountered 'vision boards'.
Interesting! Do you think that they work?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Lisa Shea #408600 01/18/11 09:22 AM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
PDM, I love my vision boards - they really do work. It's a matter of having visuals to remind you of what you want to attract into your life. They are also soothing to create.

Lisa, i like the idea of a forum-wide effort on a vision board. Different people could contribute to an aspect of things we discuss here that are near and dear to them. We can focus the board on how we want life to be and create a group vision of empowerment.

Lisa Shea #408604 01/18/11 11:07 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
PDM -

During our various vision board chats and talks on BellaOnline we've heard many stories from editors about how the exact thing they put on their vision board came true. Including finding true love!

I have another vision board that I made at our BellaOnline gathering in Chicago last year - we had an in person vision board party which was a great deal of fun. Here's that vision board! This one was how I could be a better mentor for BellaOnline editors.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #408615 01/18/11 07:46 PM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I just noticed both of your boards, Lisa, have that fountain! smile

Lisa Shea #408643 01/18/11 11:47 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Yes for me a softly trickling fountain is very relaxing. I have a fountain on a table behind me but it's been empty for months, I haven't found time to fill it with water. Now that my office is actually clean again I should do that!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #408715 01/19/11 10:34 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hhmm. Well, as I said, this is a totally new idea for me.
Actually, not totally new; the concept of writing what one hopes to achieve, etc, is something that I have done, but not as a visual.
I think that some people are more into writing, and others more into drawing.
I can't say that this idea 'calls to me', but who knows ~ maybe I should give it a try smile

Last edited by PDM; 01/19/11 10:36 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Lisa Shea #408929 01/23/11 11:11 PM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I have an event coming up in two weeks where I will be creating a new vision board for 2011. i can't wait. I have been saving up lots of magazines for this.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site