Print Thread
#422395 02/12/12 11:48 PM
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I came across some lovely old photographs in my new used camper trailer from the 20s and 50s. With accompanying letters too. These must be worth something.

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
only to the people in the photographs...

J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
these are really exquisite professional photos, not snapshots. I know ephemera is really big right now. I will look into it!

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
well thats what i was refering to tho...to my thinking who wants a photo of someone they dont know are not related to is not famous...doesnt make sense and i watch antique road show allll the time.

J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Let's look at this positively, just for kicks. Even a buck will make me happy. laugh

Anyway i will report what I find out. If anyone knows about ephemera, please chime in!

Good Friend
Good Friend
maybe someone who wants to look like they have a history/ansestory (sp?) but doesn't...can buy the photos and hang them in their house and have ready-made stories (via the letters) all about old great grandpa...
We have geneology going back to forever with the photos to go with it and I have them all over the house...but I could just be making that up. smile

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
most people dont go to that extreme kathy the experts can disprove it to easily and in general there would be no purpose ...anyway...thats why photos or portraits as protraits are usually professionally done are left behind...no one wants them not even the family giggle if ..there is any family left...not worth anything unless your a chronic liar...and if thats the case...then so you are about many things and people have you figured out... laugh

the frames are worth more than the picture but...always check behind the pictures ya never know what you may find hidden there.

Good Friend
Good Friend
umm...ok. I was just being silly.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site