Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#421690 01/28/12 06:40 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
OK I just invested over an hour in cleaning the bedroom. It had gotten really, really cluttered. We had an air conditioner on the floor in there from last summer still. I found that we don't have enough space in our drawers to put our clothes. We have too many clothes. Part of the problem is that for example I have probably 6 sweatshirts plus 6 normal shirts, and they don't fit into the drawer I have for "shirts". Similarly I have probably 10 pairs of "sweats" now - some thin, some thick - and my one "pants" drawer barely holds them. Maybe most people have more than one drawer for tops and one drawer for bottoms.

It's a start, at least, to take stock of what we have and where we are trying to put it. Then the next step is to figure out some solutions.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
More progress, step by step. I sprinkled cat-arm-and-hammer and vacuumed, changed the sheets and top anti-cat-fur sheet over the blanket, and ran the air filter. It feels much cleaner in there at least.

The main dresser is still covered with stuff so that's the next step. I rarely if ever wear makeup so the makeup I have in my top drawer must be 10+ years old. I think it's time to throw it all out. Even if I did want to wear makeup at some point, it's probably not hygienic to put this stuff on my skin any more.

So that comes next. I hate to throw things away ... but sometimes it's safer to do that.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
the eye stuff is the main hygiene concern. Toss anything that has touched your eyelids or lashes.

Things like lipsticks, makeup brushes, powder, foundation and blush can be donated to battered women's shelters, if they are clean and mostly unused.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
ALso I think one drawer for tops and one for bottoms is a great goal!

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
With all the diseases spread through lip / mouth, I think it's probably best to throw away all lipstick types of items.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I had too many misc things by my bedside - lotions, meds, eyeglass case, perfume oils, back scratcher, and so on. Everything kept knocking over and the cats were batting things around. Finally last night i tossed them all in a basket and placed them on the floor near the head of my bed. So much better! It's all in one place now and looks a ton neater. I don't know why i didn't think to do this sooner.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
OK here it is September and I still haven't thrown out the makeup. I don't wear it at ALL either. I am so bad about throwing things away. I have to accept that the stuff is undoubtedly unsafe at this point and needs to go. I can't even give it to someone else safely.

And Bob has a pile of clothes all over the floor too. At least they're clean clothes.

The BigBrother BigSister is coming by on Tuesday for a pick-up. So maybe I can convince him to go through them and at least tell me what is good. Then I will bite the bullet and put them away for him. After all he doesn't care about the mess apparently, but I do.

Hopefully I can report back soon that the bedroom is at least reasonably clean.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
The forum helped! I did it! I threw away all the makeup. I felt guilty about putting it into the trash stream, but keeping it wasn't doing any better.

I wish they made make-up in recyclable containers.

So the BigBrother BigSister has come and gone, the bedroom is in much better shape, and life gets better, little by little, every day smile.

How are you guys doing with bedroom cleaning?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I had a number of jewelry items that I no longer wear and I'm posting them one by one on my Facebook page for friends to claim. This is quite a nice process, to give gifts to my friends and to clear out my drawers so they only have things I absolutely love.

Do you guys have jewelry items that you rarely wear?

Lisa Shea, Owner
War Offline
Luckily for me, I have the bed above my man cave and don't have much to worry when it comes to normal bedside cleaning... its just awkward waking 12ft from the floor every morning hehe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site