RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
How should i handle this? It is hard for me because my fiancées best friend is a girl.I get jealous when she texts him or talks to him on facebook messaging. I get jealous when he goes over there to hang out and i get worried.How do i handle this without being the jealous or controlling girlfriend? I know she was around before me

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello lrdrlover13 smile

'I don't know' is the only answer that I can give, because this would make me feel very uncomfortable, too.

And the girl in question may well feel awkward and that she could lose her friend.

Inter-gender friendships can be great, but, sadly, they can cause problems.

Just try to be relaxed about it.
Maybe all of you could spend some time together?

You could ask your boyfriend how he might feel, if your best friend was a boy ~ and what he thinks might be the best way to go forward with this situation.

Good luck smile

Last edited by PDM; 03/25/11 02:47 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I saw this on your other thread:

'His best friend is a girl and i found out he has been saying mean things about me to her, and now she thinks im a [censored]'
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/412320

This makes things more complicated.

People talk about their problems to their friends, so it is understandable that he might confide in her, but it still makes the situation difficult.

OP Offline
of course i dont even know what to do anymore

L
L
I don't know what to tell you. i have a problem that is causing me a huge headache you see i am friends with (or was friends with ) a guy who was /is having problems with the gf and well things went a little too far now i am in a spot i have ended everything even our friendship. but i still feel very bad for the gf. and do not judge me this is the 1st time anything like this has ever happen.
i just wanted to comment and tell you not all men cheat with female friends i have lots of male friends and this the only one that anything has even happen with.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
You may be interested in this thread, started by Jilly (one of the moderators):

Originally Posted By: jilly
One of my last close friends, who is a guy, will probably be getting married soon. How do i try to remain a part of his life without getting his wife irked? We like to go hiking, backpacking and paddling together and I would be broken hearted to lose that large part of our friendship.

Originally Posted By: jilly
... I am starting to have a bad feeling about this. It really isn't fair. I have been doing these things with my friend for a decade now. His girlfriend has only been in the picture 6 months.

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/406884

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
LOL, PDM, good call on bringing that up. There are certainly two sides to this kind of thing.

I think the best answer is to work on one's jealousy issues within themselves if they have a man with a lady best friend. I don't think men find jealousy attractive.

In many cases the man feels like their girl is becoming controlling and they start to want out. So it becomes like a self fulfilling prophecy. frown

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I do not think it can be solved unless the man steps up to the plate. He has to explain to his now wife that he has this friendship that existed long before her. He must include her in the relationship and many times that puts the wife at ease.

My hubby has a dear friend and they do some stuff together now and then but they always ask me to join in. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

I was smart enough to figure out that if he wanted to be with her he would have done so many years ago before he met me.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Tessboss, I like how you think. That sounds very doable. smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site