RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
So many of our modern foods have sugar added to them. Even silly things like ketchup and salad dressing have added sugar.

Do you watch the sugar that is in your foods, or do you just go with the flow?

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I did a low carb diet for a span of years, and one day decided to stop. It just got too mentally exhausting to have to spend that much time thinking about what to eat, and how to handle dinners out, parties, holidays and being a guest somewhere.

I do try to make sure I eat more whole foods, and less processed stuff, and I feel happy with that.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Jilly -

It's good to take whatever steps work well for you!

I think the key with any healthy eating system is to make it a normal part of one's life, so it doesn't have to be thought of at all. It simply is the way one eats.

When I went to Chinese tonight I didn't have to think about what to eat or what not to eat - I simply ordered green beans with garlic and liked it smile.

What we ingest affects so much of our health! It's good to take those tiny steps.

Lisa

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I've been studying portion sizes and nutritional requirements lately, and making a big effort to get in more whole grains, quality protein, fiber, omega 3s and fruits and veggies. With my weird non-cooking habits, I am having to be creative with the fruits and veggies. Thank goodness for dehydrated versions of things.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
That is wonderful, Jilly! It's amazing how much the things we ingest impact every aspect of our lives. We might not even realize that we are 'missing' something until it gets added into our system.

You use a microwave I think, yes? For many people that's the only cooking they do smile.

Lisa Shea, Owner

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site