I was inspired by a book I just finished to embark again on a no-complaint quest. Here's the idea. You don't want to be a doormat smile. You don't want to be used. However, as Anthony D'Angelo says:

"If you have time to whine and complain about something<BR>
then you have the time to do something about it."

Not only that, but the stress in your body caused by complaining actively harms you. Those stress hormones eat away at cells, reduce sleep, cause blood pressure issues, and much more. It's so much better to be free of all of that!

So here's how it works. You make a goal simply to be *aware* of when you start to complain. Then redirect that energy. You don't want to bottle it up. You also don't want to indulge in it. Find a way to handle it. If there's someone else involved, find a way to constructively work with them to fix the problem. You can absolutely "up-manage" bosses and "re-train" family members. I've seen it done. I'll post all sorts of tips in these forums to help with those issues.

If it's something completely out of your control, like "this sucks, it's raining" - then being stressed or complaining about it is useless! smile. It's out of your control. It's a fact of nature. Accept it and find a way to work with it. Find something else to do. Maybe this is an opportunity in disguise! I'll also post tips on those.

Post in here with your challenges and achievements!

Lisa Shea, Owner