RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Sakura Shinigami How to break relationship to my dad - 10/11/09 12:06 PM
Um... ok, so this guy I'm totally in love with asked me to be his girlfriend! I'm so ecstatic about it! Thing is, I dunno how to break this to my father. My previous relationship was a xxx and I'm scared that he's not gonna allow this.

My 'boyfriend' and I are very different, so that may also play on my dad's mind.

Help?
Posted By: PDM Re: How to break relationship to my dad - 10/11/09 06:08 PM
Hello again smile

Be honest.

Tell him that you know that you have made mistakes in the past, but that you are still young and still learning.

Tell him that you believe this boy to be decent and trustworthy (if you do) and that you hope that he will allow you to see him.

See how it goes.

Take care smile
I finally spoke to my dad! He took it better than what I thought. He's prepared to meet this boy and base his decision off the meeting!

Should I tag along when they talk to each other? How should I act?

I've already met his mom and she likes me.
Posted By: PDM Re: How to break relationship to my dad - 10/18/09 11:35 AM
Well, I think that the best thing might be for you to be there to intruduce them, but maybe to leave them alone for a little while ~ perhaps to get some refreshments. Not too long though ~ you don't want to scare the boy off.

Of course, a lot depends on cultural tradition.

Good luck smile
Thanks, I need it :P I'm not one for wanting to leave my hopefully-soon-to-be-boyfriend alone with my dad. My dad is WAY too scary
© RomanceClass Forum