RomanceClass.com
Posted By: lemondrop i don't know what else to do - 08/22/10 10:56 AM
Am I wrong for telling my partner that I don't want them seeing a friend of theirs[whom is of the opposite sex] because they tried to kiss my partner TWICE right in front of me at a party. Given, they were drunk, as some people and my partner seem to think, that's just not an excuse for their behavior to me.

My partner resisted them both times, but regular calls and Instants messages to me from that person about talking to my partner[ my partner doesn't really keep their phone on or update their social page nonetheless check it that often] or finding out my partners whereabouts so that they can hang out with my partner, is is really really bothering me and it has been for a few months.

I'm desperately trying to learn to control my jealousy. While I have learned no one can be entirely without it, its better to discuss it than to internalize.

I just honestly have no idea which way to go about this. My partner seems to guard their friend, seemingly to me taking their friends side instead of listening and understanding.

What is the right thing to do in this situation??

thanks
Posted By: PDM Re: i don't know what else to do - 09/05/10 02:54 AM
Hi Lemondrop smile

I would not be happy about this sort of thing, either, but maybe your partner thinks that the best thing to do is ignore any drunken silliness and hope that this will work.

I don't know about 'the right thing', but, between you, you need to sort out what makes you feel comfortable too ~ especially when drunken silliness continues into texts, etc, to you.
Posted By: jilly Re: i don't know what else to do - 09/07/10 03:14 AM
I don't think this behavior is appropriate. There isn't much you can do through - you can;t stop someone from texting you and he, and if your partner won't tell this woman to back off, then you are kind of stuck.

Does the relationship work well for you in other ways?
© RomanceClass Forum