RomanceClass.com
well let me think I think age 14 or 15...
I was 12 years old and in 7th grade, he was in the 8th grade
we dated until the end of my Freshman year of highschool.
LOL, Late bloomer here.
I was soooo very shy I didn't date till near the end of highschool. So I was 17 I guess.
I remember being very upset about it but looking back now it really wasn't that huge of a deal.
I was in 5th grade. So, I was 10 or 11 years old. smile
Her name was Channing. Now she is just my friend. grin
5th grade wow I am so not having children lol. I would have had a heart attack.
lol I'm not even thinking about kids yet and by the way I like your new avatar Coco's Mama
Coco my youngest is 11 and he has his first "girlfriend" which is the sister of my 3rd son's girlfriend. They double date (whenever one of them has to baby sit the younger sibbling and they want to
go out somewhere)usualy bowling, movie, school play.
I suppose it depends on what you "count" as boyfriend-girlfriend. Sometimes kids in elementary school call each other boyfriend-girlfriend for example. It's an intriguing question, when is it "really" dating and when is it a boy-friend and a girl-friend spending time together?

The first boy I would count as a real boyfriend is when I was 15, and we dated seriously for a year.
Lisa has a point. I don't think of Channing as my real first "girlfriend", because I don't think I even know at my current age of 13 what a true relationship entails.

Channing was just the first girrl I "dated". I actually had my first "girlfriend" when I was in 2nd grade. Her name was Leanna. LOL She used to wite me notes during class that said "I love you Stephen." or "Kiss me Stephen." But we were just little kids. grin

3bud smile
In reference to Lisa's comment my first boyfriend was as I stated, I was 12 in 7th grade and we were together until Freshman year of high school, with dreams of getting married and having kids right out of highschool, but thank goodness that never happened, life and my parents had different idea's.
but as to my youngest sons "girlfriend" that's why it's in quotations I do not consider that a true girlfriend, just someone to go places a childhood friend who is a girl.I wanted to die when I heard they held hands at the movie!!
Fortunatly for me he is not as mature or so I thought I was way back then.
Ok then maybe my first boyfrind was a chinese boy in my grade 1 class he always picked the painting easel next to me a walked with me home and he shared his crayons.

LOL Oh if only it was still just so simple .
Awe..., I'm whipped for about 4 (years), 3 (months)...now and it keeps getting better. Though, we share ups, downs, lefts, rights and spirals..., we still managed to get through and our bond...got so much stronger...and it's getting indestructable.

I've been with her 12/30/03 and I'm still with this ball of...everything!!! This is my baby girl, Zina... Oh, my name's Emil, by the way! 0=]

This leads to an interesting question ~ one that I have discussed with my husband.

At what age can you fall in love? How young can you be to be truly in love, as opposed to just being friends of different genders? Obviously, the relationship won't (shouldn't) develop as an adult one might, but that isn't what I am asking about.

Both my husband and I had a girlfriend / boyfriend at a young age. I was nine; he was younger.

I didn't even hold hands with my boyfriend, we just spent time together, but he wasn't just a male friend, he was special. Those times hold a special place in my memories of childhood. The feelings I had for him all those years ago were real ~ I still know that now.

And my husband agrees that his love for his child~girlfriend were real.

Of course, as youngsters mature earlier, these kind of first loves can indeed develop into something more ~ something that doesn't really seem right for children ~ and we see girls as young as 11, say, having babies.

So, that was my first boyfriend at age 9; my second boyfriend was when I was 18 ~ and that's who I married.

I did once go to a dance with one boy, and went to youth-club with another, and there were lots of boys in our group of friends, etc, who I spent a fair amount of time with, but they were male friends, not boyfriends. I made sure that they knew this, as well. I wouldn't go 'out' with a boy I just liked, unless he knew that there was no chance of him being my boyfriend. And generally I chose not to go at all.

One boy, who just gave me a lift to a works function (Saturday job), assumed that, because I had gone somewhere with him, I must be going out with him. And he told everyione that I was his new girlfriend. That came as a bit of a surprise. It surprised him, too, when my friend told him that I had just started going out with someone ~ the someone I married 27 years ago.
I think you can truly be in love in your teenage years.

My aunt had her first boyfriend at 16 and he was 17. He was a senior and she was a junior but they stayed together when he went off to college. They got married just out of college and now have 3 boys and have been married for 13 years. He was her first and only boyfriend and they fell in love when she was 16.

smile
This IS an interesting question. Hmmm...

My first boyfriend, could have been when I was 6 or 7, cus I thought he was cute, and we talked at recess, lol, actually, I could have had several boyfriends that year, all in the same class at the same time, they sort of took a number. Or it could have been when I was 12, and he was 16, we "hung out", but never dated.

I've had crushes, gone out, dated, but was never in-love.

Well, if you are talking about being "in-love", I didn't fall in-love until way past the teenage years. I was always told by my friends that I was "in-love" with the idea of love, but never in-love with anyone. This is so true.

It wasn't until I met my husband, that I finally fell in-love. And I love him whole heartedly. In 3 months we'll be married 7 years.

I wonder what it would have been like to fall in-love while being a teen-ager, but I am very happy with how things did turn out for me, that I didn't fall in-love till I met my husband.
smile

Originally Posted By: PDM
One boy, who just gave me a lift to a works function (Saturday job), assumed that, because I had gone somewhere with him, I must be going out with him. And he told everyione that I was his new friend. That came as a bit of a surprise. It surprised him, too, when my friend told him that I had just started going out with someone ~ the someone I married 27 years ago.

LOL Good for you PDM. grin
wow. i have my first boyfriend now and i am 12...so ya laugh LOL

Let's see...My first 'boyfriend' was in 1st grade and then we went to different schools for 2 yrs and needless to say I forgot about him...until about 3 months into our 4th grade year. I kept wondering why he was following me around at recess! Can anyone guess my hair color? smile After I figured it out, I told him I really didn't want to be his girlfriend anymore and he jumped on me and made me twist my ankle! I guess that's why it took me until high school before I had another boyfriend!!
wow!!! now thats....just... wow!!!

lol .. did you recover fully?.. i know its just a twist..but i hate that stuff. never happend to me yet
That's odd. Have you ever said anything to him since then?
Wonder if he problems with possessiveness later in life?
I don't know...that was in fourth grade...but yeah we still remained somewhat friends, until I moved sometime in the seventh grade. That was the only time he'd ever done anything like that, that I knew of anyways. I have a very forgiving nature, it's hard for me to hold a grudge. But that doesn't mean that forget and put myself back into that situtation! smile I may be blonde and naive but I'm not stupid! smile
Today.
Originally Posted By: yowo
Today.

Are you serious, or just joking...
like 3bud said...today? really?
Originally Posted By: 3budgies
Originally Posted By: yowo
Today.

Are you serious, or just joking...

No, I'm serious.
aww..thats cool
Yup, that's pretty cool!
Thanks, guys. It may seem unlikely that the first thing that I do when I get a gf is post it here.
Hahaha, that's what I would probably do.
haha me too.

as for the bf/gf thing i was in 6th grade and was forced to date him. all my friends said that i needed to, but i was so helpless!
and eveytime someone got a bf/gf in my class, they needed to kiss! i was petrified!

as you can tell the perfect relation ship fell apart when he started to date my friend at the same time as me... i don't even think i dumped him!uh-oh!do you think we are stil dating?EEK!

i'm not allowed to put my age on the internet, but do you think i could put it on here? i'll burn it afterward!heehee...

i haven't had a boyfriend yet and i'll be 13 on the 26th (i dont want to date anyone at my school cause there jerks)

but my friend had a boyfriend online (met through club penguin she has a fanclub site) and he is only 10 then she introduced him to her cousin (who also likes club penguin) and he asked my friend if he "could date her and her cousin at the same time and then decide who he liked better and then dump other one" well i was on the phone with her when he was e-mailing those exact words to her so i said "dump him dump him now he's a jerk"

it's been over for a couple months now and she was glad she ended it
What a jerk!
I am currently in 7th grade and have not yet had a boyfriend. I am not dating until high school. At my age, so many people "date" for social status. What is their relationship based on?! How ridiculous!!!
I have never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend and I'm 17 on the 5th July...
yea it doesn't matter guys are jerks it is much better to be single guys will just break your heart in the end trust me
When you find the right person ~ you will know!
"At what 'age' can you fall in love?" by PDM

Age or maturity - there could be a very big difference here. Some young girls I knew in Junior High were absolutely boy crazy and falling in love every other day and to them it was real love. A few others I knew had been with the same boy friends for over a year and were convinced it was true love.

My niece of 6 is 'in love' with her boyfriend of a year (since they both started school), they're getting married when they leave high school, she's going to work as a hairdresser and he's going to stay home and look after everything and he's going to be a builder. She's decided it all and he's quite happy to go along with it because they both love each other. It's so adorable lol.

I think my first real love was when I was 16 or 17 and I was convinced 'he' was the one. It lasted for a while but with university, distance etc. the email came that broke it off, it obviously wasn't true love because I think the signs were inevitable. I wasn't heartbroken but I don't think there's anything more emotionally painful than having a broken heart.

The one thing about love though, it's so nice to be needed and felt of in that way. As the saying goes 'love makes the world go round'.

One of my favorite movies about love would have to be Return to Me. Beautiful story.

hey, I'm not even interested in boys yet. I'll let you know if I do get like that but life isn't all about getting boys. (I'm probably saying this because I don't think I need it now, whatever. I'll probably go crazy eventually.) but yeah, it's sort of weird, because most of my friends that are younger and older a few years than me are either with boyfriend, or want a guy as thier boyfriend. I have two guy friends which are not boyfriends, there's a difference, who I think of as friends and sometimes we hang out together and do stuff like hiking and fishing and sort of boy stuff, I mean, we aren't going to have a tea party or anything. But I can't stand the loud rock concerts or monster truck racing or whatever that is really boy stuff.
I have just got my first boyfriend, been with him just over a week now. Like I said before I'm almost 17 (just under a month).
I had my first boyfriend in second grade...well we liked each other, but then I moved and we never talked to each other after that. And now I have a boyfriend, and I am in sixth grade, so I guess I've had two so far. Though my current boyfriend, well we don't exactly talk a lot, but we are best friends. Though I think I might leave him...our relationship isn't going anywhere
I had my frist boy friend in the second grade, if you really count that. Then I had another when I was in the third grade. In the seventh grade, I became an emo freak, so no one liked me. Then I became a hippie, and every thinks I'm a pot head. lol.
Originally Posted By: The Hippie & Si
I had my frist boy friend in the second grade, if you really count that. Then I had another when I was in the third grade. In the seventh grade, I became an emo freak, so no one liked me. Then I became a hippie, and every thinks I'm a pot head. lol.

Oh dear!? frown smile
Originally Posted By: Nicks Kurt
......our relationship isn't going anywhere

Well, I don't think that relationships are meant to be long-term in sixth grade. Is that 13? smile
Yea I know, but still it would be nice if he at least showed some effort in trying to make me happy..but oh well..

also we got together June 6, so really not to long...
13...i wasnt suppose to date till i was 16, but then along a dude
2 grade for me. then 3rd, and now im in 5 th grade.
© RomanceClass Forum