RomanceClass.com
Posted By: ßÄУµÇK1674 I'm soooo confused - 02/02/08 05:54 PM
Ok there is this girl at my school that i really like and i told her i liked her and she said "i like you to but just as a friend" but she is really flirting with me so for valentines day i bought her a lavender pearl bracelet and was going to ask her to be my girlfriend i am so nervous because if she says yes this will be my first girl friend. and yesterday we were playing truth or dare and she drew hearts on my hand in pink sharpie and lays on me at lunch but still says "i just like you as a friend" should i ask her to be my girlfriend or just give her the bracelet as a valentines gift i am so confused please help me
Posted By: PDM Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/03/08 01:08 AM
Hi & welcome.

I'd be confused too. confused

Perhaps it's an age thing ~ maybe she likes you, but is too young to date, so just wants you just as a friend.

Or maybe she enjoys the fact that you 'like' her, even though she doesn't have romantic feelings towards you.

It could ber either ~ or maybe something else.

If you are happy to give her the gift, either way, then fine.
You could tell her that you enjoy her friendship, but would be even happier if she agreed to be your girlfriend ~ and see how it goes.

Be prepared for rejection, just in case, so as not to feel too hurt if the answer is negative ~ but I hope that it goes well for you.

Good luck! smile
Posted By: ßÄУµÇK1674 Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/03/08 06:33 AM
Today she sent me a picture of herself, cause she just got a hair cut, to see what i thought; but the odd thing is she hates pictures, last person who tried to take one of her she broke the camera! and she hasn't always flirted with she just started to recently, i rather enjoy it and it makes me fell special. i have decided to ask her to be my girlfriend but the question now is how to do that i never have asked anyone that before. please help me thanks!
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/03/08 06:42 AM
this is a very strange situation, sorry, but I really can't figure out what this girl is doing. Perhaps she just likes that you liker her and that makes her feel special. Perhaps not. Maybe she just felt awkward when you told her your feelings and just didnt want to commit to anything at that moment. If she;s sending you these types of signals, ask her out. whats the worst that could happen? she may reiterate that she just wants to be friends, then things are just back to square one. She may admire your being upfront with it, maybe not, I have no idea.
Posted By: Stephen Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/03/08 08:20 AM
Badluck- Say something like "Hey, maybe do you wanna go out to the _____ some time?" Don't say "Do you wanna go out with me?" because then she'll feel awkward...and so will you. Or you could say "I'm going to see a movie this weekend with my friend. Wanna come?"
Posted By: ßÄУµÇK1674 Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/04/08 04:49 AM
thanks for all the advice it is very appreciated do you think its a good idea to see if her friends will ask if she likes me and i also found out that she was wanting to ask me out but didn't want to go out cause she has had some friendships ruined by dating not to long ago. please respond thanks alot.
Posted By: PDM Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/04/08 01:39 PM
A lot of people do arrange dates via friends. Our friends had a lot of input in getting my husband and me together, when we were at college.
However, you have to be very sure that the friends can be trusted not to do or say anything they shouldn't. This can happen ~ jokes can be played.
Posted By: ßÄУµÇK1674 Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/06/08 03:40 AM
I just got the pearls in the mail today!! they are beautiful. it came in a box so i made a cute card on my computer and put in the box and on it is a heart with roses and say "Will you go out with me" do you think this is a good way to ask her out? a good thing is she can't stay mad at me. when she gets mad at someone she doesn't forgive them easily if at all that is a good sign, right?

-BadLuck1674
Posted By: PDM Re: I'm soooo confused - 02/06/08 04:38 PM
I hope it works out for you.
© RomanceClass Forum