RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Zaira How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/04/08 04:26 AM
Is there really a way to tell if a guy thinks about you? Ryan and I have known each other since September. We met in Biology class. He's very quiet and very smart. We're talking Honor Roll. He's 16, and I'm 15. I always show my genuine interest and complement him. We share many laughs together, and talk about simillar things. Are there ANY clues (verbal, mannerisms, physical) that show he has been thinking about me, or likes me? By the way, he's kind of an alone person. Who just says "hi" or "what's up?" to people. He's a library at lunch guy, and a highest ranking eagle boy scout.
Posted By: PDM Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/04/08 01:31 PM
Hi Zaira ~ welcome to the forum.

I think that it's usually possible to tell if someone likes you by their behaviour ~ if they are kind, considerate and friendly.

They do say that there are clues in body language, etc, like if they sit or stand quite close, but without making you feel uncomfortable, or if they make eye contact a lot or brush past you. There are books, and probably websites, on the subject.

There is, apparently, a way of telling if someone loves you ~ when they look into your eyes, their pupils dilate! smile
That's right PDM.
It is true, when you look at someone that you are highly attracted to, whether physically or emotionally your pupils automatically dilate to let in more light so you can see that person better.... Its neat what you learn in college psychology classes lol
But on to your query. When I show interest in a girl I try and be real polite to them, treat them differently than anyone else as in just paying attention to them more and trying to hang out with them more. Glancing into her eyes more often and just trying to make her feel comfortable. But this is just me, back in High school I was different and idk what this guy's attitude or anything is like so I can't be too concise on how he might show his interest but u get the basic idea
Posted By: Zaira Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/13/08 03:00 AM
Thank you very much smile Here are some details that still cling to my mind. If you could please help me. I'd really appreciate it. Anyway, we have gotten to know each other in Biology. I'm THE only girl in the class that he talks to. He sits in the same row as me. Just 4 seats back. So it is possible that he looks at me during class. Though he is a Mormon. I understand that Mormons tend to be very nice to everyone. I'm usually the one to start the conversations though. He does say "good morning" if i don't.
Since this is happening. Should I back off a little. Leave him alone. I'll still say "hi" just not try to talk to him. What do u think?
Posted By: SeanC Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/14/08 09:06 PM
I dont exactly understand why you would want to back off, if you think he liked you and you liked him. Are you saying you'd consider backing off to see if it [your absence] really affects him, like maybe he'd open up to you more?

It probably will affect him, though playing games isn't something many people will like. It might hurt him if he really liked you.

Its often considered that playing games will make people assert themselves toward you (since they feel they are losing you or you're becoming uninterested). Sometimes they will, or they might get discouraged.

I know that when I had done this, my girl just went crazy for seeing me after just two days...

You could try it, but you know, don't get habitual in playing games. Don't totally ignore him though. Would you like it if he did that to you?
Posted By: PDM Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/15/08 12:26 AM
Just be polite & friendly ~ that's got to be best all round, I would think.
Posted By: Zaira Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/18/08 06:32 PM
Nooooooo!!! That would be the worst thing that could possibly occcur. I have a plan I've been thinking about lately. I want to see what you think.

You see, this week is spring break at my school. He told me he would stay home and watch TV. He got his drivers license about a month ago. So he may drive a little this week. I don't know.

Anyway, my plan is simple. When we get back to school on Monday I'll ask him "How was your break?". His answermay be like "Fine. I got my rest." or something.

I'll say "Did you do any driving?". If he says "Yes" I'll say somthing like "Please be careful. I would really be sad if something happened to you."

Hopefully the conv. will lead to confronting that "I like you" thing. I'll have the most sincere and genuine look in my eyes.
I think that if he likes me he'll feell really good. What do u think?
Posted By: SeanC Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/18/08 10:25 PM
Clever!!

I think that thats a great plan and you should definitely follow through...

I think he'd definitely melt. (I would) smile
Posted By: Zaira Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/19/08 08:22 PM
Thanks!
I can't wait till Monday to tell him. I'll rehearse it, but not too much to make it natural when I do it.
Or you could get a friend and ask him if he wants to play truth or dare. Then get your friend to ask him if he likes you and if you like him. If it's a game he'll feel less pressured.
Posted By: MVP Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/24/08 09:26 PM
About the whole plan thing... you have to remember things don't always go as planned. And yes, sometimes they can be useful and help relieve stress from the future possible situation, but you never know what will happen. Its a good plan, yes, and if it works out exactly like that, it will be good. Just don't get discouraged if it doesn't go exactly like that.

I myself am an avid planner, I have a plan for any situation that may pop up. But for me, the best conversation and encounters happen when they are spontaneous. When my plans do work out, they seem stale to me.

But i hope everything works out for you! =]
Posted By: PDM Re: How Do You Know If A Boy Thinks About You? - 03/24/08 10:16 PM
Hi and welcome, MVP. smile

You are right, of course ~ plans work best if everyone helps the plan to succeed.

If the main person does not even know about it, then things may not going according to plan.

Either way, I hope that things work out well this time. smile
Figuring out if a person like you is an art in itself. I am a guy. I have to agree with PDM with he pupils dilating. I like this girl and my eyes do the same thing. See if his knee's tend to lean toward you. I recommend that you just ask him. He seems cool(I'm a 1st class boy scout).
© RomanceClass Forum