RomanceClass.com
Posted By: hopelessromantic in love with someone at work - 05/13/08 07:10 PM
I can't help it, and I can't get over her because I see her just about every day. She knows how I feel because I told her, but she's not interested in me that way. I can't find another job for a lot of reasons, but she is looking since she needs more $$ so if she leaves I can start to get over her but in the meantime I'm just going insane....I still flirt with her from time to time but I'm afraid that one day I'll push it too far and she'll get mad....she's all I think about...what can I do?
Posted By: joandboys Re: in love with someone at work - 05/13/08 08:19 PM
I am so sorry your situation is made all the more painful by seeing her every day. We have all been in relationships where we are head over heals in love and the other person does not share the feeling. I do want to caution you to avoid any display of emotion at work such as the flirting you mention. If she does not appreciate your attentions, and presses the point with your employer, your job could be in jeapordy. I don't mean to discourage you or infer that you have been inappropriate in any way. The strict guidelines for inappropriate behavior that constitute sexual harrassment include anything that makes a fellow employee feel uncomfortable in the work place. It will not make things easier, but it would be such a shame to loose your job because of innocent flirtation on your part. Good Luck.
Posted By: PDM Re: in love with someone at work - 05/15/08 07:03 PM
Welcome hopelessromantic smile

I've moved your post, because it is more relevant here.

I'm sorry that this is happening to you, but unrequited love is a very common ~ and bittersweet ~ thing.

As Jo says, be careful about the flirting ~ you don't want it to be misconstrued as harrassment.

Take care.

You will find your Miss Right one day ~ and just remember this; if she doesn't care for you, as you care for her, then you could not be happy with her.

It's best that she has made this clear and has not allowed you to hope in vain. Try to see this as a positive!

Good luck! smile
Posted By: SunnyDayz Re: in love with someone at work - 05/24/08 11:02 AM
I echo Joan's comments. Be careful; in fact, don't flirt at all. Why give yourself that much pleasure when you know you will not be rewarded with her love. You're just torturing yourself further, and it may bite you back if you're doing it at work.
© RomanceClass Forum