RomanceClass.com
Posted By: ZorkZork69 Not sure. - 01/01/09 04:11 AM
Well I know this may seem quite desperate but I need the help.
So I'm a junior in High School(I don't drive yet) and there is this girl. She gets off at my busstop and we live fairly close together. We walk in the same direction for about 2 miles. One day I asked her what her interests were and she said that she's a drama and arts, "Hot Topic", "Twilight" kind of girl. So I just started talking to this girl about 3 weeks ago and was talking to her everyday. On the day of the Junior Prom (She was already going with someone else.) we went to the pizzeria to wait for her mom to pick us up and give me a ride home.
On the way home we stopped at this dress place and she got her dress. She looked great. I had a feeling that I liked her before that but that confirmed it. So, I was at the dance and she was making out with this other guy(her boyfriend). Later in the night I danced with her.
So, I got one of my friends to try and become friends with her so that I could find out what she thought about me. That didn't work out so well so my friend ended up just flat out telling her that I liked her and that I was trying to impress her.
She told my friend that I don't need impress her but that I was sweet and I already did by what I said to her and my attitudes and stuff. And that all she can be CURRENTLY is a friend to me because she has a boyfriend.
That weekend I went to the mall with another one of my friends and I thought of how much she liked the movie "Twilight" so I thought I could impress her by buying her something. I bought her just a little thing and gave it to her. She said "Awww thanks" and hugged me.
A few days before that I asked her for her cell phone numberand she put it into my phone. I try to strike up conversations with her through texts but she stops responding after the third text. She texts like crazy to everyone else though so I do not know.
It is currently the Winter Break and I haven't seen or heard from her since school. I don't want to bug her but I don't want her to forget about me either. What should I do to get into the "telling you about private things" Circle??????????????
Posted By: SweetBirdies Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 04:23 AM
u really can't do much. the more u push the issue, the more she is gunna NOT want to be close to you at all.
u have to let things flow. if she likes u, she will let u know, after she has not been with her now b/f. so give it time. just continue to be a friend. don't FORCE yourself towards her. and u don't need to keep buying her things. she is gunna think u r trying too hard. so just sit back and act normal. don't force her to notice you.
as for her not contacting u while on winter break. she is probably preoccupied. don't take that offensively. it probably has nothing to do with not wanting to talk to u. if u had no plans to anything with her during this time, she probably has a lot of other things to do. so again, don't be discouraged. just be patient and treat her like a good friend. that is all you really can do.
Posted By: ZorkZork69 Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 04:29 AM
I bought her a little 2$ pin that said "Twilight" on it. It was supposed to be like a Christmas present that didn't need a gift back in return.
When I was texting her the other day about our Gym teacher dying of a heart attack she was avidly texting back and forth with me until I asked her how her Christmas was. Then she just stopped responding and it has been like that.
Posted By: ZorkZork69 Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 04:45 AM
Look above for the story.
Posted By: SweetBirdies Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 04:50 AM
sorry to hear she is being so distant. but u gotta remember that it is the holidays too. so she could be really busy. she may not be mad or anything at ya. she just might be busy.
Posted By: ZorkZork69 Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 04:55 AM
Okay thanx. I'll stop bumping this thread so much. lol
Posted By: PDM Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 05:23 AM
Hi ZorkZork & welcome! smile

Teenage relationships are rarely set in stone, so, who knows what might happen in the new year!

But for now you have your answer:

'She told my friend that I don't need impress her but that I was sweet and I already did by what I said to her and my attitudes and stuff.

'And that all she can be CURRENTLY is a friend to me because she has a boyfriend.'

You don't need to do anything but be yourself, in order to impress her, because she already likes you & is impressed by you ~ because of the way you are.

However, at the moment ~ or, at least, at the time she said these things ~ she did not intend to get involved with you romantically.

She has a boyfriend. Since she knows that you like her, she could have ended that relationship, if that is what she had wanted to do. She chose to stay with him.

She may or may not grow to prefer you to him. She may or may not start to see you in a romantic light, rather than as just a friend.

All you can do is go on being you and keep hoping. While you are doing that, you might even find another girl, who is more suited to you.

Who knows!?

Good luck! smile
Posted By: ZorkZork69 Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 05:51 AM
Well she doesn't really know me that well yet. She also said that she LOVES her boyfriend. So I don't think I'm in far enough yet. Me and this girl are perfect. When I asked her what her interests are and then she asked me and I said I like "trying new things" so I think I might try out for the school play since she's trying out also and I can prove that I'm interested in trying new things. It will also give me a chance to get closer to her.
Posted By: BLR Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 06:18 AM
Zork - be carefull not to look like you are doing things just to be near her - that can be a real turn off.
Posted By: ZorkZork69 Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 06:52 AM
Well I did say that I like trying new things to her though. So this can just be one of those things. Besides, I have friends that are going to be part of the play that I can hang out with so I won't have to constantly be around her.
Posted By: Toastys MaMa Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 04:14 PM
Everyone has already given really good advice. I agree with it.

It would be better if you just leave her alone for the time being...she does have someone she is already in a relationship with. You, of course can still be friendly to her and be friends but its good advice to not push yourself too much on her especially when she is trying to be faithful to her BF. It will only make her not like you and push her away.
IF she was you GF how would you feel if another guy were texting all the time and trying to get next to her and kinda distract her from you? I am sure you wouldnt think it was fair. She is already with someone else, it just happened that way so you need to accept it for now.

I think its wise to just let the relationship she has with her current BF just play out. If you remain cool and just continue to be kind to her but not pushy who knows what might happen between you. She might even take more notice.

I know you really like her but for now just be patient and wish the best for her. You may be surprised and even find someone else just as special as she is when you least expect it. smile
Posted By: kksuns Re: Not sure. - 01/01/09 05:27 PM
I agree with all of the above. Don't be too pushy or try too hard. She obviously does already like you as a friend for now and I think friendship is the first step.
As far as i'm concerned she is doing the right thing by sticking by her current bf. At least you know that if they do end up breaking up and you end up going out with her that she is the faithful type and not a cheater.
Give it time, be patient and try not to be "in her face". Just be YOU
© RomanceClass Forum