RomanceClass.com
Posted By: val313 hobby issues - 03/15/08 02:49 AM
I love my husband. We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary.
However, he is driving me nuts lately. He plays electric guitar. Which means every weekend is filled with loud music. I realize that he needs to have a hobby but its drives me nuts. I cant escape the noise. It would be fine if he would play along with the song. (he is a great player) but mostly it is random screeches and riffs. He loves it so much and I dont want him to quit but I cannot wait for spring when I can get out in the yard and get away from it. He loves heavy metal and I hate it.
Opposites attract?! I just wish I could tell him to not play so loud or wear some head phones.
I feel like a nagging harpy.
Sorry I just needed to vent. i want to approach this tactfully without hurting his feelings. Any ideas?

*It doesnt help that we are going through major marriage counseling right now. It seems like we are walking on eggshells around each other enough as it is without me bringing up yet another issue. I am in a rock and a hard place.
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: hobby issues - 03/15/08 03:01 AM
that stinks, Val. I like a lot of heavy metal, but having it constantly in the house like that, and not really playing along with a song or anything would drive me crazy, too..

do the keeties seem to mind? I would think that kind of noise wouldnt please them.

could you get out of the house for a little bit? like to shopping or something?
this is a tough one, that's all I can think of. short of soundproofing the room, haha
Posted By: val313 Re: hobby issues - 03/15/08 03:09 AM
If it was earlier in the night maybe. But then I am wasting gas.
And yeah it drives the birds nuts too. He plays late at night.

Right now he is randomly jamming to a song. So there is the beat of the song and then him playing something completely different.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: hobby issues - 03/15/08 03:23 AM
haha. does he think he's playing it right or does he know it's just noise?

I'm sorry val.. I'm not sure what I would do in that situation.

((hugsss!))
Posted By: val313 Re: hobby issues - 03/15/08 03:45 AM
He is practicing. He just told me that he knows he sucks but he has to practice to get better. I asked him if he could use headphones and he said that it wouldn't sound the same and that I didnt understand. Wanted to slap him with his guitar. So I just smiled and said well think about it.
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: hobby issues - 03/15/08 04:03 AM
eek.
I play electric guitar (and you'd cringe at my playing too, because I am very poor at it) and I know it sounds a tad different with the headphones on, but not enough to be an issue.
men, right? grrr.
Posted By: BLR Re: hobby issues - 03/15/08 04:13 AM
Would it work to ask him to compromise - play for a specific lenght of time then quiet time for a while - that way you know you only have to put up with it for a certain length of time. During his practice time can you put on headphones and play your mp3 or something.
© RomanceClass Forum