lol believe it or not i met my husband online hahaha at a marriage site for muslims. sounds so incedibly cheesey.

well at first i didnt like him ... he was handsome but i just wasnt interested. lol

alot of my real life friends were on that site as well and he was asking around about me ... i was kind of a public figure because i did a couple radio shows and worked for a radio station and independant news outlet ... come to find out i had met him a couple times before and he had been very impressed with me and then found me on this site and was tryin hard to get my attention but i just wasnt interested.

i found out a couple people i knew pretty good in real life in florida(i was living in houston at the time) knew him very well and were good friends with him since like hgh school back in egypt.

so i asked them about him ... they had good things to say .... but i just wasnt feelin it haha ....

he would im me on yahoo and be like plz just call me ... just call me plz and i was like man he is so desperate how ugly is that haha and id ignore him

this went on for like 3 months.

then there was a national convention i was going to be speaking at and he told me he would be there ... so i was like sheesh this freak wont give up

so ... i was at the convention ... so was he ... my uncle was there as well ... my father lived over seas back home in egypt ... and i told my uncle hey this freak is like hooked on me man he wont take a hint i tried being nice lol so he texts me (yahoo on my cell phone) and is like where are you come meet me ... im like ok ... so i take my uncle with me im like let my uncle scare the heck out of him then he will go away

so my uncle goes and is like so .. u want to marry my niece?? how u work? how much money u make? u want kids? how many? whose your family? where they live? what they do? give me their phone i will call them now and so on ... hahaha (my dads family is palestinian and totally fresh off the boat haha) the guy didnt even flinch ... he answered all the questions easily and even gave my uncle his families address and phone number back in cairo hahahaha

so he won my uncle over frown my uncle comes back to me like habibty he is a good guy he likes you for what you do(human rights and stuff) and he likes your mind ... he hasnt even seen any pic of you except the one on ur profile ... so chill out and just go talk to him ur getting old u need to marry ( i was 25 lolz)

so i go and talk to him and he is FUNNY... i mean funny for no reason funny ... and he cracks me up .. which i love really ... even in horrible times he can make me laugh like crazy...

and he is good lookin and sweet ... smells nice lol his breath didnt stink so i was like well ok ill give u a shot ... sheesh

so we talked back and forth for like 6 months ... i went to florida a couple times and he came to texas a couple times ... he met my grandmother(moms mom ...greek) and my grandmother asks him ... u want baby yes? and he goes oh yes i want 10 ... my grandmother goes ... yes yes u marry soon and grabs my face and says he good man u be nice girl he give you baby. hahahaha sp that was it ... what could i say to that hahahahaha

my dad had been getting to know his family back in egypt and it was all goin good smile

we got married august 19 2005 smile and ive been laughin my bumm off ever since hahaha

smile