After our date, the next night I was again in Armands. During the course of the night, vendors came in with rose buds to sell. I bought one, deciding to drop over to the hospital where I knew Marge was working. I had no idea about if I would be allowed in the labor and delivery unit where Marge was an RN.

As I parked my car in the parking lot, and started walking toward the hospital, Marge called out, "Carl, is that you?" She had come outside for an infrequent smoke break.

The idea of karaoke - something I had never done before - was a little intimidating, so I decided to go get the lay of the land, you might say. Monday night, about an hour before karaoke would begin, I went into Big Al's and sat at the bar. As conversation began, I shared that my date had invited me to join her the following week, and I wanted to get kind of a head start.

"That must be Marge!" a woman exclaimed. Turns out she was the KJ (karaoke jockey) and a friend of Marge's.

Soon, I was at a table with other friends of Marge's, including her best friend, Connie. And Connie is a bit of a psychic. She wanted to read my palm. Connie wasn't specific in her comments, but led me to believe she was pulling for me! I think I recall her saying something about me being the one.

So, as I was looking through the books of the songs available, Marge showed up! We were both surprised.

I had a bit of a headache, so I had my doubts that I was really "wowing" anyone. But I picked a very old country song - from the late 40's, I think. Well, I found out really fast that some of those old songs had a faster tempo than you'd expect. The KJ had to help me. She picked up her microphone and sang with me until I settled down. And I did better on the next one.

Although it didn't seem like I was winning any prizes for romantic behavior, apparently I did well enough. Marge told me she was having some friends over on Friday night for Trivial Pursuit and chili, and invited me.

More later.

Marge is the love of my life.