My name is Allison.

I am posting this message with the permission of Lisa Shae, the owner of this web site.

After infidelity occurred in my own life, as part of my coping process I decided to earn my PhD in communication (yeah - I know - this is quite a change from the PR field). Specifically, I have spent years examining the communication surrounding infidelity and how parents talk to their children about this event. I am currently collecting data for my dissertation which focuses more on children than couples themselves. Basically, I want to know how parents and children re-establish their relationship following infidelity (forgiveness and empathy are a big part of this process).

I would like anyone who understands the importance of the communication surrounding parental infidelity to help. If you are an adult who would be willing to complete a confidential online questionnaire please click on the link below.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=1RQIZuILR3_2f3prJu71z_2bYw_3d_3d

To participate, you must meet all of the following criteria:
a) You must be at least 19 years of age.
b) You must indicate that one or both of your birth or residential (adoptive or step-) parents (married, separated, or divorced) engaged in infidelity at some point in time during your life while your parents were married to each other
c) You must report that you discovered the information of an infidelity that occurred during your parents' marriage while your "offending" parent was still living
d) You must report that your "offending" parent is aware that you knew of this extradyadic relationship.

If you choose to participate, all of your information will be kept confidential.

If you would like more information about this study, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks in advance for your participation. Your insight is truly appreciated and will be used to help others cope with hurtful family events.