I know you think a gift card is generic, but, let me tell you as a female...we LOVE to shop. It would be like someone giving you a giftcard to the video game store, wouldn't you be psyched? well, if you like video games...anyway, we just had the same discussion with my 13 yr old nephew this morning about his friends b-day and the whole point we had is if you give cash, the actual amount, like $20, may seem cheap(or not-depending on what she thinks is cheap) but a gift card is a much easier way to go, especially if you get, say, a $20 gift card to a store like Claires where it is all earrings($20 would go a long way in there) or a $20 card to the music store, McDonalds, Bath and Body Works, a local restaurant where the meals range from $7-$15..like a Chili's(hey, maybe she'd invite you to go with her?) Anyway, my point is that a gift card is good because she'll probably get candles and soap from her girl friends. Also, from experience, most guys don't even bring a present..which is RUDE..but, she'll be happy you got her anything at all.

http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/kakeen1977/?action=view¤t=677d47b4.pbw