Before I tell you about the personal experience, I would only advise that you make sure the doctor you choose is extremely good in his field and has a good record with no law suits etc.

I would also make sure that he explains the entire proceedure to you. For instance is he going to tie the tubes or cut and tie your tubes. I will tell you why I believe this is important.

My mother had the proceedure in the late 50's and the doctor she used cut the tubes but cut them so short that reconstructive surgery could not be done on one of them when she later changed her mind and wanted another baby.

She had it done originally because in those days, they thought a woman having cesarean sections could not have more than three with out endangering her health. Later in the 1960's her current doctor thought differently.

My mother was one of the first known reconstructive surgeries for the repair of tubes and was successful in conceiving and giving birth.

I realize that you want to have this proceedure done and do not want it reversed,however, should your health picture change there is nothing that would prevent the reversal should you want it if the original proceedure is done properly.

Another reason for cutting and tieing the tubes is that I have heard of tubes coming untied when they were not cut and a woman becoming pregnant.

I agree with the other poster, most Doctors have no problem with this proceedure if you have thought it through thoroughly and there is not a healthier alternative.

Cookie and Sweetie