Thanks for helping me along and starting this thread for me... this chat / forum thing is a whole new world for me.

Here is an answer to your questions and then I will try to explain a little more

Married - 6 years
Children - no (have had difficulty in this area)
Go out together - not a lot - have started doing things on my own more and more which I think may have been the catalyst.
a Date - there is always an excuse

Me and my husband have very different views ... I haven't written out things for him to read.. I have started my own journal which is helpful for me.

I say we haven't talked ... I bring up ideas for dates etc and he either agrees and then it goes away or their is an excuse. While I am a fairly strong woman when it comes to him I am not. He is not abusive or anything to that degree but whenever we get into an argument (or serious discussion) he kinda shuts down and I get upset and then all my thoughts go away. There are things that I have wanted to change for years and have brought up time and time again but he gets so defensive that I drop it. I know this isn't the right response but I have done it for so long to keep the peace. Now I am in this situation that I can't help thinking that it is my fault for "enabling" him all these years.

Sorry - I don't mean to ramble (not even rereading) but I really haven't had anyone to discuss this with.

Counselling would be an option for me (I have done it before for a different reason) for my husband - not so much... he may surprise me but really doesn't "buy" into it.

I will check out those books for sure!

Thanks & any feedback would be appreciated!