I like this concept of modern marriage. Before I married my husband last year I knew he loved me and wanted to be with me, but getting married has somehow added even more solidity to our union. I know that probably sounds silly, I just can't find the words!

Now when the phone rings and someone asks for Mr M, I can tell them "he's not here, but I'm his wife, can I help you?" and you can hear their voice change and they will talk to me. When I used to say I was his girlfriend they were still a little unsure. Does that make any sense?

Getting married has also changed his mother's attitude to me. Before she wasn't too sure about me and he's told me that she frequently told him in private that I wasn't good enough etc. Now I've got the same name as them and she's seen he really wants me to be here, I get new respect from her and she really seems glad I've joined the family. Funny thing lol.

Marriage works for us because we have a very deep love and understanding of each other on many many levels. We know we will never find anyone more suited to us and that makes us determined to keep our marriage strong and vibrant and maintain what we are so lucky to enjoy together. I can only hope that we can emulate your 25 years of marriage PDM, that is an achievement of which you can be very proud. Do you have any advice for this newlywed as to how it's done?