Thank you for your congratulations! Thank you also for your interesting and intelligent input on these boards, which I have been reading over the last few days. Believe it or not I've only just found all this life beyond the Keet boards!

I'll have a look for a book as you've suggested, that sounds like a great idea. My husband and I are very much in tune and what you suggested is very much along the lines of how we are, so we must be doing something right! lol

In my (limited) experience marriage means to have all the benefits of two brains instead of one, two people working as a single unit for the good of both. This kind of teamwork makes us stronger as a couple and as individuals. I know he's around and if I need anything at all, I simply have to call him and he'll be there. That fact gives me huge confidence.

He often refers to an event early in our lives as a couple when one cold winter night he had to be outside working into the early hours. I knew he would come home frozen and I super-overheated the bed with my electric blanket before he arrived. When he got in bed he didn't know the blanket was on, and he's never forgotten how good it felt, getting into this red hot bed and defrosting before a long cosy sleep. A small insignificant event, I know, but it obviously meant a lot to him, and it's daft little thoughtful things like that which bind us together and make us appreciate each other so much.

Another time, early in our courtship when we lived miles apart, I was ill in bed with stomach cramps, really fed up and grumpy. When Interflora delivered a large bouquet of flowers I was gobsmacked. By chance he rang a few minutes later, I was crying down the phone, overcome by his thoughtfulness, and will never forget it. I found out later he'd stored the phone number of the local florist in his phone a few months earlier for just such an occasion. What an amazing man. My eyes are full of happy tears just thinking about this! lol

I'm sorry to go on, but I really do think this is exactly what modern marriage is about.