RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#173701 04/24/07 10:21 PM
J
OP Offline
J
hey its me jim again. well its been about a month since my last post and you can say that im still getting better. but i still miss this girl alot and i still want to be with her. for those of you who havent read my last post im only 17 and i broke up with my GF about a 2 months ago...i still love her alot i just want to know how to get her to want to take to me again and not hate me...im always thinking about this girl she is the love of my life im starting to think that it was meant to be i just messed it all up

jimwalsh #173794 04/25/07 02:11 AM
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
Jim
Are you really hopeless or just saying that. Are you feeling better or not really. I am concerned about you.
Who are you able to talk to about how you are feeling... besides this forum?
Relationships are hard, and at 17 it can seem like the end of the world - but you are just getting started - there are going to be so many opportunities to meet so many fantastic women. Its just that in the beginning, breakups can feel really devastating.
If you want to see if there is a chance with your recent GF then just ask her - call her or write her a note. But if she says she is not interested or is not ready to reconsider - then I don't want you to think that life is over. If you need to talk to somebody you can use this forum or even PM me. Do you have a good relationship with your parents or a teacher or some friends who can lend an ear? You are not alone in the feelings you are going through and there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Victor

victor #173859 04/25/07 07:51 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Jim

As Victor says, you are not alone in the way that you feel ~ just looking at some of the other posts will show you that.

It is a good idea to talk about this ~ or anything else which bothers you ~ with someone you trust. Is there a school counsellor or a teacher you get on well with, perhaps? Maybe an older brother or parent?

Being a teenager is a wonderful but difficult time. Emotions are heightened for various reasons. This means that the good times seem extra good and the bad times may seem really terrible. Bear in mind that this is temporary. Things will improve. Honestly! Those of us who have left our teens behind can remember them as bitter-sweet days.

There are very few people who meet 'the one' at 16 or 17, but it can happen. I don't know why you and your girlfriend broke up. Maybe an argument or a misunderstanding, perhaps. It might be worth you sending her a note, as Victor suggested. That might sort things out. Or it might just be that she is too young for a long-term relationship. At 16, that would be reasonable, I think.

Try to get involved in other things ~ sport, chess, football, whatever interests you. You may win her back or you may find someone else. Either way, in about ten years time, you will look back on this time with a smile. By then, you may be married to someone else and have a few kids. When your son is in your present position, you will be able to give him all this kind of advice, but he may not believe you, because breaking up with a first love is difficult. Time heals! It really does.

If you are able, try writing a poem about this. That can be very cathartic.

What does the song say? First love is the sweetest? Yes, and it will always stay with you, but it is just one part of life's rich tapestry.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site