Okay, but I never planned on taking Kelsey to the movies. smile
Thanks for the help...

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: 3budgies

As for "going out", I totaly understand your point, and I totaly agree. But do you think going to the movies is okay? Is it even okay for 8th graders to have bf/gf?

Thanks so much for the help PDM. laugh

I have a daughter in Year 8 ~ which, I think, may be a similar age to 8th grade, but not sure?? Year 8, here, is for 12 - 13 year-olds. I think that this is too young for boyfriends / girlfriends, but I know that some of her friends are going out with boys. And I know that when I was young, kids had boyfriends / girlfriends within school, but not 'going out', so I can see why you have opted for this choice and I think that it is sensible.

Really, I think you & Katherine need to ask your & her parents if they are Ok with you going to the cinema ~ if that is what you want to do. Perhaps they could take you, but sit in a different place or see a different film? Or perhaps you could go in a group?

I think that you are right about making it clear to Kelsey that she is a friend but that Katherine is your girlfriend. You may all be very young, and some people might not think that this is a very serious matter, but it is only fair, on both girls to be honest with them.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Stephen Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, similar. 8th grade is 13-14 so pretty much the same. smile I am perfectly fine with just being her b/f actually. But it seems that so many people "go out" in my school and my friends schools. I'm not saying I'm going to do what everyone else does, just that we wouldn't be the only people "going out" if we chose to.

Oh, definitly. My parents won't let me go anywhere alone yet so they could come and then sit in a different place. smile But I would have to consult with my and her parents to see if they are okay with us going to the movies, even though we have gone once before to the movies. Or we could go in a group - I know that is popular these days.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I mean, I'm not going to marry her or anything...just be her g/f in middle achool & possibly high school. Yeah, I'll be honest with Kelsey...it'll be tough, and embaressing, but it will be the right thing to do. smile

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Good luck!
You sound very mature for 13/14.
smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Best Friend
Best Friend
Originally Posted By: 3budgies
Yes, similar. 8th grade is 13-14 so pretty much the same. smile I am perfectly fine with just being her b/f actually. But it seems that so many people "go out" in my school and my friends schools. I'm not saying I'm going to do what everyone else does, just that we wouldn't be the only people "going out" if we chose to.

Oh, definitly. My parents won't let me go anywhere alone yet so they could come and then sit in a different place. smile But I would have to consult with my and her parents to see if they are okay with us going to the movies, even though we have gone once before to the movies. Or we could go in a group - I know that is popular these days.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I mean, I'm not going to marry her or anything...just be her g/f in middle achool & possibly high school. Yeah, I'll be honest with Kelsey...it'll be tough, and embaressing, but it will be the right thing to do. smile
I ditto to what 3budgie said.

Stephen Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Thanks PDM! smile
I'll talk to her today.

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
D
D
Which do you like more? It's a hard decision, but one that must be made. Or if you are really concerned about either one's feelings, remain friends.
Ps. I'm sixth grade, and personally, I'd pick one or the other.

Stephen Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Oh, I like Katherien more, because we are basically bf/gf. I am a bit concerned with their feelings, but I think Kelsey will understand. She's a good friend...Oops, forgot to tell her today...definitly tomorow though! smile

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
Stephen Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Ooops, Katherine just read this whole post...I feel like such a loser... tired

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
X
X
I think you should talk to Katherine and ask her if she wants things to be different, and tell her friends to butt out of their best friends personal lives, It sounds like her friends alo have no lives, so they need to get some. btw, Katherine sounds very pretty

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site