Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
L
ok--so all those little stereotypes about how women are so confusing and don't know what they want...WRONG!!! i know exactly what i want: i want man. but how am i supposed to get man when they're so #%#@#%!!!#$@#%#~#!@%@%@#%&&*&&*&!Q@#@*!# confusing?!?!?!?! ok, so here's my situation: now i'll admit, i feel kind of silly posting this on a forum, but what can i say--i'm hopeless...so there's this guy who i know through Facebook (which is sort of like myspace). he goes to the same college as me, and i've seen him around on campus and i'd been admiring him from afar for a long time. now, i'm a really shy person and i hold the belief that guys should make the first move, but i stifled that this time and sent him a message saying "what's up?" on Facebook. he answered, and we'd been having a friendly, kind of meaningless conversation for a while and i was starting to get frustrated. so finally, with my mom holding my hand (like i said, i'm hopeless), i asked him out for coffee when we both get back on campus and he said YES!!! laugh so after that, we'd been having a really flirty, nice and sweet conversation online, and i decided that i was time for me to give him my number. and this is where it all fell down. not only hasn't he called me, but he also has not messaged me on Facebook since. i haven't sent him another message, but i'm so confused. my mom said that he's given me my answer, but i don't believe that--i had a really good gut feeling about this guy and everyone who's seen the conversation has said it's obvious that he really likes me...i'm sooo confused. why does this always happen to me??? i'm a nice person, i love animals and children, i'm passionate, and the guy said "you make me laugh." so why do all men hate me? i don't know if i'm pretty, but i'm not heinous...ARRRGGGHHHH!!! mad i don't want to give up on him--any advice...anyone???? why do men do this??? men: RESPOND!!! why do ya'll treat me like this?? ugh--sorry this is so long, but please help me...i don't know what to do anymore...

Great Friend
Great Friend
mayeb he hasn't logged on to facebook. give him a few days (how many days has it been????) and then... Poke him. I poke lots of people. But it might remind him you're still there. Just give him a little while. Guys don't log on everyday (I do!) so just wait a few...

Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
L
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
L
nah--i checked (cuz i'm a stalker lol smile ) and he's been online recently...it's going on 2 weeks since i last sent him a message cry >sob< and still no response...mens are sooo misterisu frown

Best Friend
Best Friend
i think he might be shy too about u. he's probably thinking about it. guys do it all the time, they're such chickens.. i got 3 of them... i think u should just first of all CALM DOWN.. its already honey, we're here for u. next, just dont let him know ur worried about it. because u dont wanna seem desperate, not like u are! and thirdly, spy on him. see if he really blew u off or not, make sure he's not with another girl. ask other friends to spy on him for u. i hope it all works out! ur a wonderful person, and if he doesnt see that, he's not worth it, trust me. =)

Great Friend
Great Friend
Poke him... do ittt!! LOL

I'm sorry but guys are really difficult!

and you can change like your quotes or something, maybe delete one or add a new one...

that way... your name will show up on his news feeds (if you guys are friends, which I'm assuming you are) and it'll remind him you exist!! :-D

this is the way I stalk and remind without bothering...

or you can leave a wall post saying something like ...
"we go back to school in __ days/weeks. i can't believe summer's ending already."

Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
I really do not know what to say to help. Guys are very confusing. I do agree there. I am also very shy at first and I still don't get my boyfriend at times. Mom doesn't get my Step Father at times and they have been married for over 16 years. Women never understand men, and men think they know women.
I would send him a message like college girl said. If he responsed that's good, if not I'm really sorry... Just think there is always someone else who will be better for you. Relationships are funny. The best ones happen when you least expect it. I hope things work out for you. I know it can be frustrating playing the waiting game. I would send him a message.

S
Friend
Friend
S
"spy on him"... since it seems to only be girls who are responding, I can say with some certainty that it's stuff like that that drives men crazy and makes it near impossible for them to trust women. And no, most men don't even think they understand women--they may say so to look "cool" or something, but they're confused as everybody else unless they're gay. (Sorry, I don't mean to attack you or anything.. I just disagree with the idea.)

Well, Lora, put yourself in his shoes. You have some girl whom you've started to get to know online, met in person, you think she might be kind of cool, and then all of a sudden (maybe in his view) she gives you her number. I would guess you scared him off. Though you might not like the sound of it, what may work is to apologize for being so upfront (or something, something you-ish that fits the situation better) and then maybe that way he'll at least start talking to you again.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I agree ~ men & women don't really understand each other.

My guess:

He quite likes you.
You like him.

You give him your number.

He thinks ~
What should I say? What should I do? What does she expect?
(Have you read the problems on here from young men asking what to say & how to behave?!?!)

So he frets and thinks, and then he thinks he's left it too late. Maybe he thinks that he has offended you.

You aren't contacting him any more and he doesn't know how to start up a conversation again. Etc, etc.

If he hadn't been friendly in the first place, I'd say he wasn't interested, but, since he was, I'd say that he might just be confused about what to do and what you want.

It's also possible, I suppose, that he's wondering if you just give out your number to boys on a regular basis???

I think that, once again, you have to make the move. Maybe, as Sal says, explain or apologise, or anything to get the conversation flowing naturally again.

He may be shy ~ and really nice ~ and worth a little extra time and work.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
K
Friend
Friend
K
I would get on Facebook and send him a message something like "Hey JERK, I am the bomb and you screwed up, you gonna use that number or use it for a gum wrapper??

MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BTW: That is you on that pic? You are beautiful. Seriously you may want to make a small gesture to see if maybe he is shy, just a "You ready for classes yet" something small, if no reply then just except he was not the one and go find some super sexy ,smart, loving man that you deserve. Could be hes in a relationship already, did you ask that?

SAL, we don't mean "spy" Just check the facts, I am sure men do this too, in fact I know they do.

L
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
L
Kiwi&Budgie: Thank You!!! laugh

lol, i like that--gum wrapper..teehee :P but i think ya'll are right--i scared him frown don't really know how, because i'm the meekest person ever when it comes to men, but i'll take it. i guess i'll have to find a witty way of apologizing for being forward (apologies are not my forte)--UGH!!! men are so DUMB!!! mad (i'm sure you're an exception, sal... blush ) aren't people SUPPOESED to give each other their numbers?!?!? and it's not like i go dropping my number on every guy i meet--we've been talking for a while and i just now gave him my number!!! grrrrrr...and do you know how hard that was for me to do??? as i already said, i'm REALLY shy, and men's stupidity doesn't help a lick! i feel like men and women always play games with each other when it comes to these things...well, i hate games! frown i'd rather people be straight with each other--if you like me you like me; if you don't you don't...either way, i don't like wasted time...grrrrrrrr mad mad mad

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site