RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#215757 09/20/07 02:42 AM
J
OP Offline
J
my ex gf and i have been going out for the last 4 and half years. We have dated most of high school and most of college this is the start of our second year in college and she is away at school. I was suppose to come out there a few weeks ago for the weekend. A few hours before i was suppose to come out there she broke up with me over the phone. She said she never wanted to see me or talk to me again. I know i have messed up a couple of times but nothing serious it was like little fights about stupid stuff but we were going fine then she was acting kind of different for a week and then she told me that i was done that week. She said that i was her bf for 4.5 yrs and she wants to experience the college life. That she really hasnt dated any other guys. But it has been 3 weeks and she isnt going out with anyone yet or really seeing anyone. Even though she said she doesnt want to talk or see me ever again she calls me when she wants to and picks the phone up when she wants. She just finally unblocked me on AIM. She also took me off her facebook. I tried tellin her i love her and all that stuff and i even call 1-800 flowers to go there. nothing has worked yet please help me get my ex back thanks

jmg12287 #215772 09/20/07 03:46 AM
A
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
A
Hey Pal:

This girl has told you point blank that she isn't interested in seeing you anyomore. Save yourself a lot of heartbreak and move on. Being as young as you are...you probably would not have seen your 80th birthday with her.

I'm sorry I'm being blunt, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Shake it off buddy!!

Marko

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.
jmg12287 #215798 09/20/07 11:30 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi & welcome jmg12287

I'm sorry but Argyll is right, this sort of thing happens all too often. Couples pair up when they are not much more than children and stay together until they are adults ~ but adults and children may be very different people & when they start to experience the big wide world they realise that this childhood / teenage relationship no longer feels right.

Sometimes it does last, but more often it doesn't. Maybe she would rather just be friends, without the pressure of having to be a couple.

But, while this must feel bad, you will find that it was for the best, because you would not want to stay with someone with whom you weren't compatible and who was wanting to experience life beyond your close relationship.

In a few years, when you are older and settled, you will look back on this time with fondness and you will most probably be feeling very happy that this girl set you free to find your real life-long soul-mate.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site