RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Best Friend
Best Friend
If Andy snores loud enough to wake me I give him a little shove to move him to a position where he doesn't snore. Haha.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I actually wear earplugs all the time. But it does not help when he wakes up screaming from bad dreams or when he twitches and flops alot.
We sometimes sleep apart and it is getting better. But we always have the same arguement about it being normal to do so.

I also think that he needs to see someone about these dreams that he has. They are really scary and he wakes up screaming.

RIP Peeps
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Whoa...that is tough!!! My sister only talks in her sleep and it already scares me enough, I even had to answer her sometimes crying out loud lol...

I think seeing someone about those bad dreams is a good idea. Not only does it affects you but it makes him tired too I guess. I have lots of bad dreams also & I think that's why I feel very sluggish when I wake up.

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Best Friend
Best Friend
I agree that there may be something underlying in his dreams that he needs to see someone about.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I was watching a program on tv once that the husband was choking his wife in his sleep he thought he was fighting with a deer. I know my dad gets pretty wild in his sleep he says sometimes he dreams of fighting with people my mom has seperate bed because of it.
Also check into sleep apena (stop breathing in your sleep sometimes really bad snoring if a symptom)

My name is Connie
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
That could be the problem prettybird. He does fight things in his sleep. I cannot touch him at all to wake him or it is worse. Sometimes it is funny. He had a dream where he was hitting the sheets and yelling "get them". I asked what I need to get and he replied.. "Squirrels, they are everywhere!"

It is just convincing him that it is ok to go and get it fixed.

RIP Peeps
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I know a friend of ours had sleep apnea really bad and it took years of us all talking to him before he finally went to the doctor now he wishes he would have went sooner and even talks to others to get them to go get tested.
The squirrels are hilarious I had to laugh at that one.

My name is Connie
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
I know almost exactly what you are going through Val. We have a small bed (Praying for a king sized one when we get a house!) and Scott is like an oven. He claims he is always cold, but he gives off so much heat I dont know how on earth he can be cold! I, on the other hand, am always dying of heat and want windows open and fans on! I can also not sleep if there isnt some sort of white noise in the background (fan, etc) Scott snores like a bear, and he has sleep apnea... Which I cant understand cuz hes not overweight at all, or a smoker, and hes only 23! It drives me literally INSANE at night... I finally give up and move to the couch (which is quite comfy!) I wish I didnt have to do that, but earplugs just dont work for me and I have to have sleep or else I dont function.

If I am lucky he will fall asleep on the couch watching tv and then I can go to bed and fall asleep. When he eventually wanders in I dont wake up and he can snore his heart out. smile

Just tell your husband that there is nothing wrong with your MARRIAGE... But you NEED to sleep. Its not his fault, but you have to sleep... You will make yourself sick if you dont. All the women I work with at the dentist office do the same, so you arent alone. I think the majority of women are just really light sleepers, and men... Well, they are the lucky ones!

Andrea
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
i feel ya ... my husband is that way too andrea he radiates heat like a space heater and im always dying of heat wish i could open a window or turn on a fan lol ... he is from egypt and they all think celiing fans are evil .. he is convinced it makes him sick lolz ive given him biology lessons on germs and tried to convince him its germs that make you sick not a fan lol he isnt buying it

and he snores like a fog horn plus he has to have total and complete darkness or he ant sleep and i NEEEED some ambiant light on .. im scareed of the dark and not ashamed to admit it ROFL and i need some music or something on i cant stand silence ... trips me out ... i start to hear stuff i shouldnt hear lolz

plus ... im a night owl ... i stay up way late and he sleeps as soon as he gets home from work almost lol

so we just decided to have separate rooms ... it works for us ... our marriage is better because of it ... people think we are wierd but we are happy so who cares.

he has his bedroom and he can leave stuff all over the floor and it can smell as much as he wants hahaha and he decorates it how he likes

i have my room and i can keep it as clean and nice and pretty as i like haha

we dont fight over cleaning or clothes on the floor .. he has his bathroom i have mine ... so it cut out all the fights over typical married people stuff ... my stuff is clean his stuff is s a mess and we are happy haha

i do venture in once in a while decked out in a mas and rubber gloves and clean his room and bathroom though cuz i fear the germs may wander over to my side of the house ROFL

he comes in and snuggles with me and we watch tv or movies or whatever in my room or the living room ... and once in a while he will fall asleep in my room but rarely.

we have a small apartment and its just easier to have our own space to retreat to instead of being piled on top of each other 24/7

my friend is staying with us right now (she needed some help getting back on her feet) and we converted the dining room into a bedroom lolz .. our dining room table was way too big to go in there anyway so it was in the oddly huge living room ..

so it all works out smile

and when i told him look we need separate rooms he was totally ok with it cuz it means peace for the both of us smile

and his bed is one of those temperpedic beds and its AWESOME

u cant feel anything that moves on that bed at all i love it ... smile

H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
and with those kinds of sleep issues val .. id suggest some therapy which i know most guys hate ... but it is a problem ... there is a name for the disorder ( i forget what it is) and their is medication and other things one can do to get it uner control ... my grandfather was that way too and due to that him and my grandmother always slept in separate rooms

its a medical condition ... and he probally isnt getting very good rest either ....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site